Probe Basic - jogging question

More
20 Jun 2022 15:57 #245486 by spumco
[MX21, LCNC 2.9, qtpyvcp master, PB python3 branch]

I'm starting to near the end of my installation & configuration trials, and I've run in to an odd situation with Probe Basic.  Jogging seems to be disabled at times and I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.
  • Start machine, unhomed
    • jogging works (via Vista USB MPG or PB screen buttons)
  • After homing
    • jogging works
  • Load an .ngc file
    • jogging still works
  • After .ngc file is run
    • jogging no longer works

After I run the file I can't seem to put it back in manual mode for jogging.  I get an error "mode change ignored while jogging in progress"

Once it quits working, I can select the "manual", "Auto", and "MDI" mode buttons at the right of the screen - but they have no effect.  Pressing estop  or power (on screen) has no effect - still can't jog.

The only thing I've found that 'unlocks' it and allows jogging again is to re-home one or more of the axes.  Once I re-home I can jog... until I run a new program.

Feels like LCNC thinks it's still in auto mode running a program despite the M30 at the end.

Any ideas if this is a Probe Basic thing or some other issue?  Or I'm doing something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2022 00:10 #245501 by JohnnyCNC
I am having the exact same problem in LCNC 2.8.2 using QTDragon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
21 Jun 2022 00:56 - 21 Jun 2022 01:11 #245503 by spumco
Thanks for chiming in.  Maybe not a Probe Basic or qtpyvcp issue then.

I've not yet had a 'complete, finished' LCNC installation yet, but of the two dozen or so aborted attempts I've had mostly working over the past year, I can't recall this happening.

You figure out any workarounds?  If it makes any difference, I'm using a vista p4s pendant.

EDIT - moderator - please close or lock this.  Issue is duplicated here  forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/46031-a-couple-...30-g87f66feaf#245498

No need for me to muddy the waters.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2022 01:11 by spumco.

More
23 Jul 2022 16:14 #248128 by Lcvette
was this resolved? I'm not experiencing the issue on 2.8 or 2.9?

More
23 Jul 2022 17:23 #248130 by JohnnyCNC
It seems that a test version posted by dgarrett fixed the issue.   I was running 2.8.2 on Linux Mint 19.3 but switched to Debian 10 to test this fix.
See this thread:  forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/46031-a-couple-...30-g87f66feaf#245498

I found that the issue did not exist in 2.8.2 (  Debian 10 Buster PREEMPT-RT ISO ).  It does exist in  2.8.2-144 and a few versions before that.  I am going to stay on dgarrett's fixed version until the fix becomes part of the official version.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds