Trouble getting Probe Screen To Work

More
07 Jul 2023 04:21 #274925 by Mayberry Customs
Hi, I have done a new install of Debian 12 bookworm and followed all the instructions that I’m aware of to install probe basic. I can open the sim version of probe basic just fine. I have created a new configuration and done the necessary file movements, ini changes, and Hal changes that are explained in the sticky in this section of the forum. I still get an immediate error log when trying to start probe basic. The configuration is works as expected in Axis. I have attached a picture of the error. It always errors out at “can’t execute DISPLAY program: probe_basic …Would greatly appreciate any and all help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2023 05:35 #274927 by Lcvette
which installation did you do? and i don't see any attachment. please post it again :D

More
07 Jul 2023 11:40 #274936 by Mayberry Customs
I am realizing now that I installed the development version without realizing it, which is obviously a problem…can I simply follow the steps for the “user” install or are there steps I need to take to get rid of the files from the development version first?

More
07 Jul 2023 17:06 #274941 by Lcvette
just delete the icons on the desktop and delete the dev folder in the main directory, since the development version is run in a virtual environment it is not installed in the main system.

then proceed with the apt install method in the main probe basic instructions page link.

should be good to go!

More
07 Jul 2023 17:08 #274942 by Mayberry Customs
Ok great, thanks a lot!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds