Probe Basic: Hide ATC Tab

More
15 Oct 2023 12:03 #283059 by tbnobody
Hello,

due to the fact that I currently don't require the ATC functionality I was wondering how to hide the tab from the frontend (to don't confuse the user)
Is there any kind of configuration option which I can use to hide it or is the currently only required method to edit the .ui QTDesigner file?

If the later is the case, is there any best practice to do this? Currently I just copied the basic_probe into my specific linuxCNC directory and added the following to the machine.ini
[DISPLAY]
DISPLAY = qtpyvcp
VCP = probe_basic/probe_basic.yml

It works, but I was wondering if there is another method (especially when a new probe_basic version is released).

Thank you in advance!
​​​​​​​Thomas

-  What Linux OS being used including kernel type?
Debian 12
Linux linuxcnc 6.1.0-13-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_RT Debian 6.1.55-1 (2023-09-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux

-  What version of Linuxcnc is installed?
linuxcnc-uspace/stable,now 2.9.0~pre1+git20230208.f1270d6ed7-1 amd64 [installed]

-  What version of QtPyVCP and Probe Basic is installed?
python3-probe-basic/develop,now 0.5.3-106.dev all [installed]
python3-qtpyvcp/develop,now 4.0-9.dev all [installed]

-  How did you install Probe Basic? Quickstart guide? Dev Guide? 
APT Repository

-  Have you gone through your ini and hal files and compared to the sim config files to make any changes needed?
Yes

-  Have you added all of the necessary files in your config folder that probe basic needs to run?
Yes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2023 01:19 #283105 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic Probe Basic: Hide ATC Tab
There isn't a method currently to hide the atc, but it is on the list of items to get too. If you want to have a look and find a clean way to do it we can merge the changes into the master repository so future updates will include those changes! All help and involvement is welcomed and appreciated!

Chris!

More
29 Oct 2023 16:01 #284037 by msrdiesel
Replied by msrdiesel on topic Probe Basic: Hide ATC Tab
If you edit the probe_basic.ui using Qt Designer and simply open another tab in the designer, such as: MAIN, FILE, PROBING then save the changes, when Probe Basic launches it will be set to open on the tab it was saved in.

This will not remove the ATC tab but it may be good enough to get by with.

I have looked in the designer at the Qt Tab Widget, which is the name of the control but it is not editable in the designer. Or at least I haven't figured out how to edit it yet.

Hope this helps.

More
29 Oct 2023 22:40 - 29 Oct 2023 22:45 #284081 by dpslwk
Replied by dpslwk on topic Probe Basic: Hide ATC Tab
I made a PR for this last week, it should be merged soon.
github.com/kcjengr/probe_basic/pull/82

Once its merged and you have e update the the new version you just need to set POCKETS to 0 or  remove the whole [ATC] section form your ini
Last edit: 29 Oct 2023 22:45 by dpslwk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unlogic

More
30 Oct 2023 02:34 - 30 Oct 2023 02:36 #284096 by msrdiesel
Replied by msrdiesel on topic Probe Basic: Hide ATC Tab
I made one for you, with no ATC, not sure how it will act so be careful. Just rename it by removing what is in caps.
It also has some other changes that you may, or may not like. It has a huge file area so you can read the entire file name, but the to and from USB buttons and the secondary file browser are removed, you can also re-order the file contents by alphabetical name, date, and file size. It also launches on the tool table.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Oct 2023 02:36 by msrdiesel.

More
08 Nov 2023 12:35 #284861 by Unlogic
Replied by Unlogic on topic Probe Basic: Hide ATC Tab

I made a PR for this last week, it should be merged soon.
github.com/kcjengr/probe_basic/pull/82

Once its merged and you have e update the the new version you just need to set POCKETS to 0 or  remove the whole [ATC] section form your ini

Big thanks for this commit from all of us simple peasants without ATC's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds