G-code syntax highlighting issues and file handling issues

More
22 Apr 2024 14:24 #298840 by Unlogic
I'm running the latest stable version of LinuxCNC 2.9.2 on a fully updated Debian 12.5 install along with the latest ProbeBasic updates and I've come across some issues relating to syntax highlighting and file handling.

If I fire up ProbeBasic and start typing in the G-code editor under the File tab I get this very nice syntax highlighting seen on the screenshot below.

However if I press the "Save" button nothing happens. If I press the "Save as" button a dialog prompting for a file name appears but the file doesn't actually seem to get saved anywhere and the G-code doesn't get loaded into the "Gcode" preview under the main tab (as seen on the screenshot below).

If I instead load an existing file using the "Load G-code" button under the File tab the selected file is actually loaded and displayed both in the G-code editor and "Gcode" preview under the main tab. However now the nice G-code syntax highlighting is gone.

These are not show stopping issues but I thought I'd bring them up to get the attention of the developers.

If you want me to create a GitHub issue just let me know and I'll add one.

I'm getting the same behavior in the simulator so I haven't attached my LinuxCNC ini/hal files.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds