ProbeBasic backplot issue?

More
12 Jun 2024 18:41 - 14 Jun 2024 00:07 #302895 by B.Reilly01
SIM version launches ok, so I'm pretty sure its in my ini or hal files...  I get the below error and cannot do much.  The DRO doesn't update either.- 

EDIT:  Everything seems functional except backplotting

What Linux OS being used including kernel type?Bookworm kernel 6.1.0-21-rt-amd64- 
What version of Linuxcnc is installed?2.9.2- 
What version of QtPyVCP and Probe Basic is installed?I don't know- 
How did you install Probe Basic? Quickstart guide? Dev Guide? .deb guide, not dev version.  just ran apt upgrade w/ stable repository- 
Have you gone through your ini and hal files and compared to the sim config files to make any changes needed?Yes- 
Have you added all of the necessary files in your config folder that probe basic needs to run?I think so- 
Have you tested the sim version to see if the problem exists there also? (if the sim functions properly, it is a good indicator your issue is in your config)

Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtpyvcp/widgets/display_widgets/vtk_backplot/vtk_backplot.py", line 864, in update_positionactive_wcs_offset = self._datasource.getWcsOffsets()[self._datasource.getActiveWcsIndex()]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^KeyError: -1 
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jun 2024 00:07 by B.Reilly01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2024 07:45 #302924 by Unlogic
Replied by Unlogic on topic ProbeBasic backplot issue?
I came across this very same issue a few months ago, here is how I solved it:

forum.linuxcnc.org/qtpyvcp/50922-configu...not-applied-properly
The following user(s) said Thank You: B.Reilly01

More
13 Jun 2024 21:47 #302971 by B.Reilly01
Moving Custom.hal to the postgui hal did not solve the problem unfortunately

More
13 Jun 2024 21:49 #302972 by Unlogic
Replied by Unlogic on topic ProbeBasic backplot issue?
Try commenting out parts of your custom hal file. As mentioned in my thread the e-stop hal code needed some tweaks in my case in order to not conflict with the internal hal code in Probe Basic.

More
14 Jun 2024 00:32 #302976 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic ProbeBasic backplot issue?
We are working out some issues with vtk and subroutine vindictive for to setting at the moment. The backplotter updates recently are not getting along with using T0 in subroutines if you are, and if Epping during tool touch of when it's temporarily switched to G59.3 also is causing an error. If any of these scenarios are where you are experiencing the vtk error please let us know!
The following user(s) said Thank You: B.Reilly01

More
14 Jun 2024 01:02 #302980 by B.Reilly01
So I removed my custom.hal entirely and moved all the e-stop stuff to my main hal file, no dice. So I then moved the and0 and e-stop stuff to post-gui. Same result. There must be something with my INI or my main HAL file that is the problem.

More
14 Jun 2024 17:55 #303013 by B.Reilly01
My vtk error is on start up, any tool in the spindle, any (first) motion of the machine. The screen doesn't move the spindle indicator, and the error pops up. It does not drive the error until I move the machine. I can ignore the error and continue, but the backplotting screen never updates. I've only modified the toolchange subroutines.

More
15 Jun 2024 15:50 #303052 by Lcvette
ok this is consisstent with the bug we are working on, are you on the stable or development version?

More
15 Jun 2024 17:26 #303062 by B.Reilly01
I meant to be on the stable version, but I think I did a apt upgrade after the split before I knew about the split. I then went back and edited my source file and did another apt upgrade. Is there a way to know which is installed?

More
15 Jun 2024 19:59 #303072 by Lcvette
i just updated the instructions and we did some reverting on a few things as we were able to reproduce the bug.. should be resolved if you follow the instructions here:

kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/stable_develop_branch_change.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: B.Reilly01, Unlogic

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds