Built my .ui, works in SIM, how do I move it to the machine?

More
11 Jul 2024 01:03 #304855 by B.Reilly01
As the title says, I've built my .ui the way I want it, and tested it on my development machine.  Works great in sim!  How do I move it to the real machine?  Do I just move the .ui?  Where do I put it?

Thank you,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2024 09:45 - 11 Jul 2024 09:47 #304886 by timaer
The .ui file is related to the handler.py file. You'd better check the official doc linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/gui/qtvcp.html  ,
in real enviroment ,you need also adjust your hal and ini file to satisfy the specific machine detail.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2024 09:47 by timaer.

More
12 Jul 2024 21:37 - 15 Jul 2024 15:10 #305033 by Lcvette
now you want to build a deb as follows, In a terminal enter the the below commands one line at a time, this will build a deb that you can install on your machine.
sudo apt install git python3-poetry pybuild-plugin-pyproject debhelper dh-python devscripts libqt5multimedia5-plugins --no-install-recommends --no-install-suggests
cd qtpyvcp
dch --create --distribution unstable --package qtpyvcp --newversion 0.1-2 Experimental Release version.
dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc

Now you will install it on the machine pc with the following line:
sudo dpkg -i python3-qtpyvcp-0.1-2.deb
Last edit: 15 Jul 2024 15:10 by Lcvette.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B.Reilly01

More
14 Jul 2024 02:51 #305118 by B.Reilly01
Thanks Lcvette, I actually had already hacked my way around by searching and replacing the original .ui with the modified .ui and now I have a working (albiet not the prettiest) vertical Probe Basic. I will try the correct way to do it on a dev machine.

More
15 Jul 2024 15:04 #305238 by Lcvette
here is the documents page on how to build a deb, note near the top is the dependencies line.  if you already have the development version installed such as you do than you can skip the resources clone lines.

www.qtpyvcp.com/install/build_debs.html

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds