running into error when starting QtPyVCP sims

More
04 Jan 2020 03:26 #153951 by Becksvill
guess I will be the lucky one that gets make a post here in the new qtpyvcp section.

I will add a couple of links and thoughts from a beginner who has just used the buildbot for the first time in the hope that it helps the next person that tries to get linuxcnc 2.8 installed.

I have just downloaded and installed debian 9 (stretch) and installed linuxcnc 2.8 from the build bot as per John Thortons instructions.

gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/uspace/debian9-rt.html

They were perfect and helped me install everything with no issues. Thanks so much John for making your tutorials! they have been a life savers. Only thing the I messed up was when I first downloaded the debian software from his link, since the next debian 10 release has come out since the tutorial was made I installed debian 10(buster version) and then the tutorial didn't work. so I went back and went into the archives under the first iso I downloaded and found the correct stretch version after which everything worked. I downloaded from the buildbot and was amazed at how easy it was lol. I have spent the last 2 day on and off mucking around with this, but it is good to finally get the first part downloaded. I am still having problems with QtPyVCP but thats ok.

After lots of searches on the forum I saw a post from john where he said that i can use the Mate desktop with debian distros. That is awesome as it means that I don't really need to use linuxmint which simplifies things lots. I think the iso he sent me to had the mate desktop built into the iso to simplify the process meaning i didn't need to download it.

Anyway enough about that. On to my question.
I have attached the error log I got when linuxcnc failed to load the QtPyVCP Gui

I am guessing I must be missing some dependencies. any advice you guys may have would be much appreciated.

regards

Andrew
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2020 03:47 #153955 by Leon82
Have you had a look at these install pages?

qtpyvcp.kcjengr.com/install/quick_start.html

More
04 Jan 2020 03:56 #153958 by Becksvill
Hey Leon

yes that is the guide that I used.. I just copied and pasted each line so I don't think that I got it wrong.

i will uninstall QtPVCP and try again

regards

Andrew

More
04 Jan 2020 11:05 - 04 Jan 2020 11:06 #153981 by BigJohnT
Your trying to run a Qtvcp screen not QtPyVCP. Qtvcp does not run for me either on Debian 10.

Machine configuration directory is '/home/andrew/linuxcnc/configs/sim.qtvcp_screens'

JT
Last edit: 04 Jan 2020 11:06 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ, Becksvill

More
02 Apr 2020 09:40 #162437 by Becksvill
oops sorry JT

I forgot to say thank you!

i am just getting back to the new guis now as my machine is finally pretty much working So will have more questions. But judging by the amount of people that are using the new gui it can't be that hard and I will probably suss it this time

regards

Andrew

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds