qtdragon tool table issues

More
10 Oct 2020 15:44 #185614 by lllars
I'm having a couple problems with the tool table dialog in qtdragon.

1. I can't enter negative values for the tool offset. For example, trying to enter -1.0 in the Z field for tool 1. I can type the "-" symbol, but then any numbers I type after that do not show up on the screen. Also, I tried manually editing tool.tbl while linuxcnc was not running. Qtdragon when loaded then displays 0.0 for any fields that had negative values in tool.tbl, and on exit saves the 0's into tool.tbl.

2. After any change to any tool, new tools are automatically added to the tool table with comment "Wear Offset <tool no>". One new tool is added to correspond to each pre-existing tool. So if I have 5 tools in my table, then edit the Z field for one of them, I end up with 10 tools: the original 5 and 5 new ones. If I then make another edit, I end up with 20 tools: the 5 and 5 from the first edit, plus 10 new ones. This quickly spirals out of control. I have no need of these "wear offset" tools and would prefer they did not get auto-generated. I'll attach my tool.tbl file so you can see what it looks like after 2 edits.

Can anyone duplicate these bugs or are they specific to my setup? Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2020 17:27 #185624 by persei8
Replied by persei8 on topic qtdragon tool table issues
I notice the exact same issue. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with qtdragon so we'll have to wait for Chris to comment.
Jim

More
10 Oct 2020 22:31 #185651 by lllars
Replied by lllars on topic qtdragon tool table issues
Thanks Jim. Good to know it's not just me!

More
11 Oct 2020 18:20 #185739 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic qtdragon tool table issues
I'll look into this as soon as I can - looks like the spinbox is set to positive numbers only?

Chris

More
12 Oct 2020 04:49 #185791 by cmorley
Ok pushed a fix for the negative number problem with tool offsets.
Thanks for the heads up - surprised I didn't ever test that!

Multi saving of the tool wear I'll look at next.

Chris

More
12 Oct 2020 22:56 #185891 by keyboard
Replied by keyboard on topic qtdragon tool table issues

1. I can't enter negative values for the tool offset. For example, trying to enter -1.0 in the Z field for tool 1. I can type the "-" symbol, but then any numbers I type after that do not show up on the screen. Also, I tried manually editing tool.tbl while linuxcnc was not running. Qtdragon when loaded then displays 0.0 for any fields that had negative values in tool.tbl, and on exit saves the 0's into tool.tbl.

2. After any change to any tool, new tools are automatically added to the tool table with comment "Wear Offset <tool no>". One new tool is added to correspond to each pre-existing tool. So if I have 5 tools in my table, then edit the Z field for one of them, I end up with 10 tools: the original 5 and 5 new ones. If I then make another edit, I end up with 20 tools: the 5 and 5 from the first edit, plus 10 new ones. This quickly spirals out of control. I have no need of these "wear offset" tools and would prefer they did not get auto-generated. I'll attach my tool.tbl file so you can see what it looks like after 2 edits.

Yes, having the same issues.
Also in JOG , when one switches from continuous to increments, a error box pops up, but clicking retry seems to work. but the error popping up is annoying.

More
13 Oct 2020 01:52 #185907 by cmorley

Yes, having the same issues.
Also in JOG , when one switches from continuous to increments, a error box pops up, but clicking retry seems to work. but the error popping up is annoying.

Can you give more detail - i don't see this on the sim here.

More
13 Oct 2020 03:47 #185912 by cmorley
I pushed more work to the toolt offset problem.
I think i got it all -no tool wear for non-lathes, negatives are accepted and displayed.

Chris

More
13 Oct 2020 22:35 - 13 Oct 2020 22:38 #186036 by keyboard
Replied by keyboard on topic qtdragon tool table issues
In JOG , when one switches from continuous to increments, a error box pops up, but clicking retry seems to work
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Oct 2020 22:38 by keyboard.

More
14 Oct 2020 04:42 #186062 by cmorley
Can you post your config files?

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds