QTVCP Bugs?

More
20 Dec 2020 00:31 #192491 by snowgoer540
QTVCP Bugs? was created by snowgoer540
Good evening, I am working with Phill on QTPlasmac (I mainly break it and tell him so he can fix it :laugh:). At any rate, I have noticed a few things that I believe are QTVCP issues at root:
  1. Holding shift + other jog axes does not seem to give full rapid as it normally does in other GUIs. It seems to be affected by the "JOG" slider, i.e. higher JOG slider = higher rapid while holding the shift key
  2. The preview window shows the yellow plot of jogging the axes during a homing sequence. This results in seeing yellow lines outside of the red bounding box. For reference of "normal" behavior, Axis and Gmoccapy both do not show any yellow lines until after all axes are homed. I would think QTVCP should be similar?

Thanks for all the great work thus far! And please let me know if I can provide any additional information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2020 00:46 #192493 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic QTVCP Bugs?
1) that's a qtplasac issue, keyboard commands are handler in the screen code.
for instance qtaxis jogs faster (double) if you press shift first. the Code just needs to be added to QtPlasmac

2) I just checked master and don't see this behavior in AXIS or GMoccapy. All three use mostly common code.
Mind you I tested python2 on an older mint system - I'll check on a buster version later.

Thanks for testing and giving feedback

More
20 Dec 2020 01:12 #192494 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic QTVCP Bugs?

1) that's a qtplasac issue, keyboard commands are handler in the screen code.
for instance qtaxis jogs faster (double) if you press shift first. the Code just needs to be added to QtPlasmac

I actually think that's exactly what I am seeing. Shift is probably doubling the jog speed. I am just used to Shift giving full axis velocity as it does in Axis. Good to know

2) I just checked master and don't see this behavior in AXIS or GMoccapy. All three use mostly common code.
Mind you I tested python2 on an older mint system - I'll check on a buster version later.

I do use mint 19.2. I think python2. it's weird. I can get you a video of it if it might help. After the push for the cam stuff goes through that is :laugh:

Thanks for testing and giving feedback

Be careful what you wish for haha... I'm pretty good at breaking software :laugh: :evil: :laugh:

More
20 Dec 2020 01:57 - 20 Dec 2020 01:57 #192495 by snowgoer540
It occurred to me that I could back out the changes manually until the push goes through.

Here is what I am talking about with the preview, and homing (yellow lines outside of the red bounding box, and the cone moves during homing). All I've done here is click "HOME ALL", but it shows axis movement during the homing sequence when it really shouldn't.

Of course, on a real machine parked away from the switches, the yellow lines are much longer.

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Dec 2020 01:57 by snowgoer540.

More
20 Dec 2020 02:03 #192496 by cmorley
Sorry, what I meant was I see those line on all screens.

More
20 Dec 2020 02:29 #192497 by snowgoer540

Sorry, what I meant was I see those line on all screens.

Interesting.

So what I've seen is that Axis doesn't move the cone at all during homing as can be seen here:

And QTPlasmaC (QTVCP) does move the cone during homing as can be seen here:

Of course on a real machine, the yellow lines and movements are much longer. On a SIM the homing is obviously really short.

If you need me to get a recording from the actual table I can.

More
20 Dec 2020 03:18 #192499 by cmorley
can you try mil based sims and see if its the same?

I pushed fixes for the HAL pin errors/
but Phill sjould look at the route of the problem - why was there two camview objects started.

More
20 Dec 2020 12:30 #192522 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic QTVCP Bugs?
PlasmaC sim, it does show the yellow lines when homing, but pretty sure the machines i have do not as they have tandem axis on Y:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
20 Dec 2020 12:58 #192528 by snowgoer540

PlasmaC sim, it does show the yellow lines when homing, but pretty sure the machines i have do not as they have tandem axis on Y:

Interesting, that's the difference! Well at least between the Axis SIMs vs what I'm seeing on my Axis with PlasmaC installs (sim and real machine).

Maybe this is something that got "fixed" for QTVCP?

At any rate, would it be possible to "Clear live plot" at the end of the homing sequence? It's a bit odd seeing the yellow outside of the bounding box. Just a suggestion!

Thanks again!

More
21 Dec 2020 12:05 #192627 by snowgoer540
To follow up on this, Phill pointed out to me that this may have started with a recent .ini file change I made to remove the kinstype line from the [KINS] section. He was right.

Removing:
kinstype=BOTH

Causes the homing stuff I've been seeing now. Putting it back causes the cone to stay still and no yellow plot lines to appear.

Personally I prefer the latter, as axis movements on the live plot are erroneous (at least on open loop machines) until they're homed. But if nothing else, I wanted to follow up as to what caused the change I noticed.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 1.322 seconds