Qt Moving To Commercial-Only LTS

More
11 Jan 2021 22:14 #194966 by Benb
Qt Company has announced that Qt 5.15 LTS will move to a 'commercial-only' phase :blink:

www.i-programmer.info/news/90-tools/1427...ercial-only-lts.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2021 02:44 #195003 by tommylight
I was sure that would happen, the momet something gains momentum = MONEY !

More
12 Jan 2021 13:14 #195045 by andypugh
What does this mean for us?

More
14 Jan 2021 21:45 #195369 by newbynobi
I will stay with GTK3, but I decided to begin my new GUI from Scratch, as also the base need a python3 rework. Unfortunately this will need a. Lot more time :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 Feb 2021 08:53 - 14 Feb 2021 09:12 #198782 by bkt
There is everytime QT from community .... these is for ever free ... no worry ...

anyway ... I have a vision program created with openCV .... yesterday I started a restyling work and while I was there I wanted to update to the latest openCV version .... well I discover that it is Chinese now .... that there is a shop ... and other little things that make me think that in a while to have openCV you will have to buy something, maybe cameras made in China .... I think the problem here is that the defenders of opensources glp3 and maybe 4 and 5 have been too intransigent towards companies that have always deceived them by forcing us poor people to a destiny not as happy as they imagined .... on the other hand it is known to be intransigent does not bring anything good these years are showing it ... we must always give something otherwise the bad things are we ourselves who cultivate them.

So my friend continue with your work with qt and support the community .... it will be your contribution to make it known that we also exist and that we also want to be there.

In the end, the RTAI project also took off again when someone not really intransigent opensources took an interest in it .... I don't want to start a dispute but only give a contribution .... for example the elon musk style is not really like that bad ... I think we should all follow him a little in opensources community.

bkt
Last edit: 14 Feb 2021 09:12 by bkt.

More
16 Feb 2021 22:07 #199112 by satiowadahc
It looks Like Qt5.15 is commercial only, but Qt6 is LGPL V3. So yet another version upgrade :) It does seem initial reports show very little changes needed.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds