QtDragon gcode line preview display missing

More
23 Feb 2021 21:22 #199894 by turbostew
Hello All,

My first post to the forum. I have been a long time user of Mach3 and just bought a 7I92 board to replace my Smoothstepper. I am running it on a money making busy 5x10ft industrial router, stepper based. I am an embedded control engineer with lots of C and FPGA experience but a bit weak on the Python and OOP stuff. I have spent 2 weeks getting LinuxCnc setup and trying various screens. First was AXIS but found the offsets and features a bit lacking. Tried Silverdragon which looks promising but major issue: clicking gcode line will not highlight the toolpath and clicking toolpath will not highlight gcode line... deal breaker. Tried QtDragon, clicking toolpath highlights gcode line but not other way around. Screen resolution is all wrong. Tried to download some of the QtDragon versions on the forum that are 1900x1000 but have errors. Can the gcode/disply highlight problem be fixed? If so, can someone point me to a complete install of QtDragon with 1900x1000 support? AXIS definately seems to have the best toolpath/gcode highlighting...

Thanks,
Kent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2021 00:56 #199909 by persei8
Thanks for the feedback. I have corrected the graphics highlighting on clicking a gcode line. The resolution of QtDragon HD is 1920x1080. If you're willing to install LinuxCNC v2.9, you can get it at github.com/persei802/QtDragon_hd. The sim version that comes with v2.8 is an older design that I'm no longer actively maintaining.
Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: turbostew

More
24 Feb 2021 04:46 #199925 by turbostew
So Jim, can you spoon feed it to me? I have linuxcnc 2.9 installed. Tried the QtDragon_hd that came withwith 2.9, a bit buggy, QtDragon_XYZ works better. Where do i put the files in your link exactly? seems ini would go in configs but py, ui, ess go in screens/QtDragon? but i see a screens/QtDragon_HD but the handler is called qtdragon_hd_handler so doesn't line up with your files. I tried several things but get errors shown in attched report file.

File Attachment:

File Name: linuxcnc_Report.txt
File Size:7 KB
Please advise where each file goes.

Thank You!,
Kent
Attachments:

More
24 Feb 2021 08:45 - 24 Feb 2021 17:26 #199939 by hottabich
Try this, you might like it. Unpack to sim.qtvcp_screens.qtdragon folder. If you don't like it, just delete it.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2021 17:26 by hottabich.

More
24 Feb 2021 16:36 #200000 by persei8
The one that comes with linuxcnc is a demo version. To make a configuration for an actual machine, create a directory such as ~/linuxcnc/configs/qtdragon. Place all the files into that folder. Any files that qtvcp doesn't find in this directory will be searched for in /usr/share/qtvcp Obviously, the ini and hal files will need to be modified to suit your actual machine. There is a lot of documentation on how to do all this stuff at linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/
I added more files to the github repo to make it more complete.
Jim

More
24 Feb 2021 17:14 - 24 Feb 2021 17:36 #200005 by turbostew
Jim,

More errors like handler and screen don't align. With a fresh grab of the example "sim.qtvcp_screens.qtdragon", I dropped your files from the zip in that directory. I then selected the QtDragon.ini when starting LinuxCnc. I set this and some more. I notice that qtdragon_hd.ini points to the HD screen set so I don't use that. I aaume this qtdragon is supposed to be the 1920x1080? Seems I need a new UI from you????

Python Error:
'VCPWindow' object has no attribute 'chk_use_sensor_changed'

BTW:

I did copy your line in the your handler that updates the gcode highlight into the original default handler and now the hightlight works pretty well with one exception, when I click on the display line it usaully highlights the gcode... about 75% of the time. the other 25% I have to click somewhere else then click back once or twice before the gcode line gets selected/highlighted. A click always highlights the toolpath line in the toolpath display.

Thanks again for your time!
Last edit: 24 Feb 2021 17:36 by turbostew.

More
24 Feb 2021 22:49 #200043 by persei8
What zip file? There are no zip files in the repo. You have to make a new config folder under ~/linuxcnc/configs/qtdragon or qtdragon_hd or whatever you like. Then copy all the files from the github repo including the image directory. Do not copy files from /usr/share/qtvcp. The supplied INI files are just examples. I just uploaded the hal files required for running in simulation mode. These are not for a real machine. Once you have all the proper files in place, it will run with no errors. It's best to start linuxcnc from a terminal as you will get way more diagnostic info.
As for highlighting, that's a function of qt5_graphics and not related to the GUI.
Jim

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds