qtdragon pins, RPM and docs

More
06 Apr 2021 21:35 #205192 by coredump
Hello!

I just finished configuring a 6040 with LinuxCNC and the last step is getting the UI working. I really like the qtdragon one, so that's the one I went for. I am having some issues tho. I am using the Debian 10 buster image updated with the linuxcnc-uspace 1:2.9.0~pre0.3770.g7f8ea7196` and my config files are here: github.com/coredump/linuxcnc_configs

- I got the hy_vfd pins connected enough to get the power, amps and RPM to show on the interface, but for some reason the RPMs are multiplied by 60 (so at 100 hz I get 6000 rpms on the spindle.0.speed-in pin but the UI displays 360000)
- In past versions I think there were pins for the axis leds, but on this current version they seem to not exist, or at least the names that are described on the documentations (both the github one and the linuxcnc one) don't work (led_home_x, etc)
- Is there a way to run the qtdragon from the github repo instead the one that comes included on /usr/share/qtvcp... ? I cloned the repo and passed the UI file path, but qtvcp complains about included UI files that are on the same dir, but apparently don't work that way

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2021 22:52 #205206 by andypugh
The spindle scaling is probably that you are using an RPM signal, but also using a "scale" component with a gain of 60 that was previously required for an RPS signal.

More
07 Apr 2021 01:41 #205220 by coredump
But I would have a load to get the scale component into my config right? I don’t have any afaik. Also I can read the right values on the pins, it’s only the UI that not.

More
07 Apr 2021 08:29 #205238 by andypugh
Maybe QTdragon scales internally.
Is there a HAL connection between the UI and the spindle speed?

More
07 Apr 2021 12:19 #205247 by coredump
The only thing is that if `spindle.0.speed-in` isn't connected to the vfd speed output, it won't show anything on the UI, but I didn't find any specific pin for the connection

More
07 Apr 2021 12:25 #205248 by andypugh
spindle.0.speed-in is expected to be in Revolutions per Second:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/moti....html#SPINDLE%20PINS
So that is probably the issue.
Do you have a spindle encoder? There will be an RPS signal available from that.
Otherwise you will need to add a 1/60 scale if the only feedback is from the VFD and that only gives RPM.

More
07 Apr 2021 12:36 #205250 by coredump
Ahh good catch. Should have checked the spindle docs.

Yeah I only get RPM from the vfd, so I will have to scale. What makes sense because if something else is getting the speed from the speed-in pin, it's getting it wrong

More
07 Apr 2021 14:41 #205257 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic qtdragon pins, RPM and docs
1) qtdragon uses the halglib library to directly read the spindle.o.speed-in pin and multiplies it by 60 to get RPM.
I agree you VDF is probably scaled wrong.

2) yes the new version reads status for LEDs directly so no HALpins for most.
3) if you put the repo qtdragon.ui and qtdragon_handler.py in a folder named qtdragon in your config folder, Qtvcp will uses those 'local' files.
Probably have to add the image folder too.
(keep in mind this is a different version of qtdragon - Jim's personal version so some things are quite different)

Chris

More
25 Apr 2021 08:15 #206997 by wusel0464
Hello,

my solution.

Machine.hal insert:

loadrt scale count=1
addf scale.0 servo-thread

Own by me Spindle.hal insert

setp scale.0.gain 0.016666
net spindle-speed-scale vfd.spindle-speed-fb => scale.0.in
net spindle-speed-DAC scale.0.out => spindle.0.speed-in

Maybe it will help one or the other.
Sorry for my bad English.

Greeting Frank

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds