Random Error

More
18 Apr 2021 19:41 #206324 by snowgoer540
Random Error was created by snowgoer540
Today QtPlasmaC crashed for no apparent reason (it was just sitting idle).

This was the error associated with the crash:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/plasma/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/qtvcp/widgets/screen_options.py", line 305, in on_periodic
    e = self.error.poll()
error: Error buffer invalid

I did have Designer open, and closed it and closed without saving changes. I can't see what the correlation would be, but I received the error message in QtPlasmaC right around the same time. I did try to duplicate the scenario, but to no avail.

The error seemed to be random. Not sure if it needs an exception, or what could be going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2021 05:05 #206612 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Random Error
That is hard to say what happened. I bet it was caused by the closing of designer but it might be a race condition, so hard to trigger.
I could trap the error to print something then we might get more info in the long run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
21 Apr 2021 09:39 #206621 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Random Error

That is hard to say what happened. I bet it was caused by the closing of designer but it might be a race condition, so hard to trigger.
I could trap the error to print something then we might get more info in the long run.

Saw you pushed a trap as mentioned. Thank you, I will keep an eye out if I see the error again and report back if there is any information that comes out of it.

Probably a 1:1,000,000 condition. Those are the worst.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds