is there a qtdragon dummies guide for beginners

More
18 Sep 2021 12:51 #220996 by ericg
Hi,
I just got qtdragon up and running with the available script, and now where do I go? where do I learn to add buttons that tie in hal pins etc and how do I match what is on the screen with my hal configs etc, 

for example I know the jog buttons are tied to my halfile net jog-x-pos  etc but where do I find the link between them?
so is there a tutorial or such that someone can point me to? I have absolutely zero knowledge regarding qtvcp so any pointers would be appreciated.
Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2021 14:29 #221005 by robertspark
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/

virtual control panels section >>>> QTvcp.....

More
18 Sep 2021 16:02 #221014 by billykid
you basically have to use your ini and hal files, making the additions to the ini as explained here. linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gui/qtdragon.html and the machine works as before with axis

More
18 Sep 2021 16:09 #221019 by cmorley

Hi,
I just got qtdragon up and running with the available script, and now where do I go? where do I learn to add buttons that tie in hal pins etc and how do I match what is on the screen with my hal configs etc, 

for example I know the jog buttons are tied to my halfile net jog-x-pos  etc but where do I find the link between them?
so is there a tutorial or such that someone can point me to? I have absolutely zero knowledge regarding qtvcp so any pointers would be appreciated.
Eric

There is no beginners guide. Please ask specific questions.
There are no Jogging HAL pins from qtdragon.
What are you trying to do?

Chris

More
18 Sep 2021 23:11 #221047 by ericg
Thanks for the pointers, you guy's have been most helpful.
As far as what I'm trying to do, well, nothing really, just at this stage have a look at how it works. It does look nicer than axis and perhaps more convenient to use but axis is doing what I want, but this is really just a hobby and so I like to play..
Eric

More
19 Sep 2021 01:50 - 19 Sep 2021 01:54 #221056 by ericg
I do have a specific questions thanks Chris, attached is a screenshot of the response I got from invoking the qtvcp copy_dialog command ,
is there something else I should be doing/installing?
Eric
edit: I am using LCNC ver 2.8.2
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2021 01:54 by ericg.

More
19 Sep 2021 01:57 #221057 by cmorley
copy_dialog is not available in 2.8.x

More
19 Sep 2021 02:33 #221063 by ericg
Thanks Chris, I suspected that, I'm going to put this aside until I get around to updating LCNC.
Eric

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds