Graphics Preview Window Issues

More
18 Dec 2021 20:11 #229428 by snowgoer540
On my actual machine, I noticed that after the 4 commits on December 17, there is some goofy stuff going on with the graphics preview window.  

During homing, the red bounding box showing the machine travel extents disappears, and the Y portion of the origin breaks off away from the X portion and goes to the home point.

I think the issue specifically begins showing up with commit c6d05a8.  I also noticed that if I remove "kinstype = BOTH", then it does not happen anymore.

Here's a pic of what I mean:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2021 22:33 #229443 by cmorley
The commits are to support joints DRO display - something that was turned off previously.
KINS = Both is the switch to indicate if you wish to allow individual joint movement after homing.
Most configs should probably not be BOTH.

It also selects whether the overlayed DRO displays joint numbers or axis letter before homing.

I'll compare the visual problems with AXIS.
After homing everything is fine?

More
18 Dec 2021 22:53 - 18 Dec 2021 22:54 #229447 by snowgoer540

The commits are to support joints DRO display - something that was turned off previously.
KINS = Both is the switch to indicate if you wish to allow individual joint movement after homing.
Most configs should probably not be BOTH.

I agree with this. I think kinstype = BOTH is the default output from pncconf though. Normally I take it out, however I had forgotten in this config :blush:

It also selects whether the overlayed DRO displays joint numbers or axis letter before homing.

I'll compare the visual problems with AXIS.
After homing everything is fine?

No, unfortunately, the bounding box stays disappeared, and every time you touch off X0Y0 to a new location, the Y portion of the origin does not follow :(
Last edit: 18 Dec 2021 22:54 by snowgoer540.

More
18 Dec 2021 23:26 #229452 by cmorley
ok thank you - more digging
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
19 Dec 2021 00:30 #229458 by cmorley
Ok pushed a sort of fix.
I overrode a function to hide the joint DRO and that was breaking the display.
I'm not sure why as it's exactly how we hide the axes DRO..

For now, if you use KINS+BOTH you will always see the joint DRO in the graphics screen untill homed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds