Probe Basic in QTDragon

More
29 Dec 2022 18:55 #260508 by rudydp
Replied by rudydp on topic Probe Basic in QTDragon
The QTDRAGON documentation seems to be wrong in par. 12.1 . Looking at the ngc routines, XY_Clearance is the slow probe distance, while Step Off is a rapid move away from an edge.

The Z Clearance also seems to be a slow probe move, not rapid.

It seems that these two definitions should be swapped..

Talking about lcnc 2.8.4 ISO, not RIP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmorley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2022 21:55 #260511 by Carsten
Replied by Carsten on topic Probe Basic in QTDragon
Hi cmorley,

i am using linuxcnc 2.8.4. Thanks for the probing stuff.

Two comments to the probe_corner*.ngc:

The probe_corner*.ngc expect 16 parameters (wco_rotation as last one).
But basic_probe.py supplies only 15 parameters, hence the angle is never set in the coordinate system:

o<160> if [#<probe_mode> EQ 0 AND #<wco_rotation> EQ 1]  
  (Record Zero in selected axes and WCO)
  G10 L2 P#5220 X[#<c1x> + #<workspace_x>] Y[#<c1y> + #<workspace_y>] R[#<edge_angle>]
  o<probe_corner_y_minus_edge_angle> return
o<160> endif

I removed the wco_rotation condition from the statement above (i also found no button etc. to get it from).

Furthermore i added a G10 L2 P0 R0 at the start, so the angle is measured correctly if you run it multiple times.

Kind regards
Carsten

More
31 Dec 2022 00:41 #260597 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Probe Basic in QTDragon
I think these routines are shared by probe basic and versa probe. Ill look into it.
Thank you.

More
02 Jan 2023 19:03 #260785 by Carsten
Happy New Year,

we have the x-axis north/south and the y-axis east/west, hence the scripts does not match the buttons.
Currently I renamed the files and the functions in them in my macros directory.

As I understand the assigment of function to button is done in basic_probe.ui.

I don't want to modify "delivered" files.
Is there a way to use a custom basic_probe.ui? I tried it parallel to my qtdragon.ui and in the macros directory, but both didn't work.

Kind regards
Carsten

More
03 Jan 2023 07:30 #260832 by cmorley
Unfortunately completely overriding widget files is not supported, if that is what you mean.
It possible to class patch imported widgets in the handler file.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/gui/qtvcp-cod..._file_manager_widget

or you could make a custom qtdragon ui/handler file that uses a custom basic_probe.widget.
I would think using the handler file to delete the stock basic probe widget then import and inject a custom version would be the easiest.

The code was changed alot in 2.9 so I'm a little unfamiliar with the 2.8 code. I'll look when I have a bit of time.

More
04 Jan 2023 11:17 #260914 by Carsten
Thanks for the info.

There is no need to bother with old code. I stick to my renamed files.

I have some proposals for the probe_*.ngc files:

1. z_clearance and xy_clearance are used both for slow probing (to save time I want it small) and for safety distance (I want it larger).
    My proposal: use clearance for safety distance only and hard code the pull back for slow probe to 2 mm.

2.1. For all probe_*outline.ngc and probe_corner*.ngc you must have executed probe_z_minus_wco.ngc (center button) to get the correct height of the probe (I rammed my probe into the floor as I forgot it)
=> call probe_z_minus_wco in all probe_*outline.ngc and probe_corner*.ngc first.

2.2. To make the lowering of the probe beside the workpiece more safe use G38.3 instead of G1.

3. Error in probe_front_left_outside.ngc: in line 72 you must move X #<xy_clearance> + #<step_off_width>, because probe_x_plus ends in -#<xy_clearance>.

Attached you will find my probe_z_minus_wco.ngc and probe_front_right_outside.ngc (which is the originally probe_front_left_outside.ngc) and diff files.

Kind regards
Carsten
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish

More
28 Jan 2023 01:21 #263038 by cmorley

Unfortunately completely overriding widget files is not supported, if that is what you mean.
It possible to class patch imported widgets in the handler file.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/gui/qtvcp-cod..._file_manager_widget

or you could make a custom qtdragon ui/handler file that uses a custom basic_probe.widget.
I would think using the handler file to delete the stock basic probe widget then import and inject a custom version would be the easiest.

The code was changed alot in 2.9 so I'm a little unfamiliar with the 2.8 code. I'll look when I have a bit of time.

I just added some work that would allow you to use a custom ui file for the basic probe/versa probe widgets. that might be enough for you to change the button controls.
let me know if you would like more details (and would require the latest code in 2.9/master)

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds