qtdragon_hd development issues

More
17 Sep 2022 23:52 #252210 by auto-mation-assist
I have been working on the python code to interface qtdragon hd version to my milling machine and later building a custom .ui for it. My configurtaion files will need to migrate from gmoccapy requirements. It is starting to work but I'm hung up on the tool data base and can't find much info. I'm using Debian 11.

My present problem is this error:
[QTvcp][CRITICAL]  Aborted from Error Dialog
 Qtvcp encountered an error.  The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:
LinuxCNC Version  : 2.9.0~pre0

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/cnc/linuxcnc-dev/configs/QtDragon_hd/qtdragon/tool_database.py", line 99, in <lambda>
    STATUS.connect('periodic', lambda w: self.update_status())
  File "/home/cnc/linuxcnc-dev/configs/QtDragon_hd/qtdragon/tool_database.py", line 262, in update_status
    checked = self.w.tooloffsetview.get_checked_pockets()
AttributeError: 'ToolOffsetView' object has no attribute 'get_checked_pockets'

I'm thinking that this may refer to pockets in the tool data base that I have no knowledge off. There is a tool data base file but have not looked at what it contains. I do not use a auto tool loader and thus have no other potential tool pockets.

A second but minor problem that I have seen before and I think not related qtdragon :

[QTvcp.QTVCP.WIDGETS.VERSA_PROBE][DEBUG]  Saving Versa probe data to preference file. (versa_probe.py:187)
/home/cnc/linuxcnc-dev/scripts/linuxcnc: line 963: 22764 Segmentation fault      $EMCDISPLAY -ini "$INIFILE" $EMCDISPLAYARGS $EXTRA_ARGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2022 01:04 #252219 by cmorley
What qtdragon_hd are you using?

The segfault in an ongoing qt issue that we have not been able to fix.

More
18 Sep 2022 01:52 #252225 by auto-mation-assist
Cloned it from: github.com/persei802/QtDragon_hd

I'm not sure if this source is the master.

More
18 Sep 2022 01:59 #252227 by cmorley
This is Jim's (The author) personal version of qtdragon_hd.
I intend to integrate it on linuxcnc after the 2.9 release.
He just added work for linuxcnc's database tool table - it's experimental.
He may see your post and help.
if you choose to use linuxcnc's version of qtdragon_hd - I can help further.

More
18 Sep 2022 02:16 - 18 Sep 2022 02:17 #252228 by auto-mation-assist
I actually wanted the supported linuxcnc's version of qtdragon_hd. I don't know were its hiding and my search on git hub appears to have led me to the wrong source.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2022 02:17 by auto-mation-assist.

More
18 Sep 2022 02:19 - 18 Sep 2022 02:36 #252229 by auto-mation-assist
I see: /configs/sim/qtvcp_screens/qtdragon/ but it does not say 'hd' and does not look complete.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2022 02:36 by auto-mation-assist.

More
18 Sep 2022 02:50 #252232 by cmorley
sample would be found here:
sim/qtvcp_screens/qtdragon/qtdragon_hd.ini

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master.../screens/qtdragon_hd

There is a screen copy dialog for qtvcp ('qtvcp copy' in teminal) but it seems I need to fix it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: auto-mation-assist

More
18 Sep 2022 05:03 #252237 by persei8
Like Chris said, the github version is highly experimental and in fact, I am scrapping the tool database thing and going another direction. If you wanted to use that version without the tool database function, it's rather easy to remove. Simply delete all references to self.tool_db and for completeness, remove the layout_tooldb layout in the UI file. Also remove any lines with get_checked_pockets. (there should only be one) I will push a sanitized version in the next day or two.
Jim

More
18 Sep 2022 18:37 #252282 by auto-mation-assist
Thanks for the info.

I found it very easy to make some of my required pins in your version. In the qtdragon version supplied with LinuxCnc my pins are not produced.

I did notice that in your version some lower case letters are used for setting up pins vice upper case and I'm looking into why there is a difference in producing and not producing pins between the two versions of LinuxCnc qtdragon and your qtdragon_hd .

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds