Plasmac for Non-Identity Kinematics

More
20 Jan 2023 17:18 #262508 by smarcom
I am building a portable oxygen-fuel cutting machine based on a scara arm. I have it working well with the axis gui, but I want to use Plasmac because of the conversational feature and the lost cut feature. However, it appears that this might not be possible, as I keep getting the "Joint Jogging Not Supported for Non-identity kinematics" error.

It appears that this error comes from line 815 in the qt_action.py file, which suggests that my project might not work with any QT screen. Is this correct? If so, is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Sam

I can provide my code if needed to help answer my question. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2023 02:29 - 21 Jan 2023 02:40 #262537 by phillc54
Moved to the QtVCP section.

I think the line number you quoted may be wrong, Line 815 does not exist in 2.8 and is blank in both 2.9 and master.

Edit: I found it, it is  line 865

Last edit: 21 Jan 2023 02:40 by phillc54.

More
21 Jan 2023 03:01 #262542 by smarcom
I have attached a screenshot of the image, and a snippet of the code throwing the error. Maybe I'm on the wrong branch, but I checked and I'm on linuxcnc 2.9 and the master branch. Another issue I get in Plasmac is that the MDI displays some totally nonsensical numbers for X,Y, and not the output of the kinematics, axis still works. As far as you know, is the QT interface and plasma comp file compatible with non identity kinematics? I am doing a lot of customization on the gui to make it fit in a smaller display, so I want to make sure before putting too much time into it. 

-Sam

def jnum_check(self, num):
        if STATUS.stat.kinematics_type != linuxcnc.KINEMATICS_IDENTITY:
            LOG.warning("Joint jogging not supported for non-identity kinematics")
            # return None
        if num > INFO.JOINT_COUNT:
            LOG.error("Computed joint number={} exceeds jointcount={}".format(num, INFO.JOINT_COUNT))
            # decline to jog
            return None
        if num not in INFO.AVAILABLE_JOINTS:
            LOG.warning("Joint {} is not in available joints {}".format(num, INFO.AVAILABLE_JOINTS))
            return None
        return num
Attachments:

More
21 Jan 2023 03:03 #262543 by phillc54

As far as you know, is the QT interface and plasma comp file compatible with non identity kinematics? I am doing a lot of customization on the gui to make it fit in a smaller display, so I want to make sure before putting too much time into it. 

TBH I am not sure. Chris will know the answer, he should chime in now that this thread is in the QtVCP section.

More
21 Jan 2023 04:31 #262550 by cmorley
I have not tried Qtvcp screens on non trivial machines.
I wouldn't think it would take a lot to get them to work.

I'll need to make a sim to work with first.

More
22 Jan 2023 06:59 #262633 by cmorley
I made a scara sim for qtaxis to test with.
While one does get the error message it still does jog.
qtaxis was missing a way to switch from joints to world mode and back.
I've added it

I would think qtplamac would need to be modified a bit to support non trivial jogging.

I don't understand how scara homing works - it seems the demo just homes in a static position.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds