Displaying a tool image in QtDragon_hd

More
04 Feb 2024 20:13 #292437 by DPKdd
I would like to display a silhouette/profile image of my currently loaded tool in the "tool" pane in QtDragon_hd (i.e. the image generated in Fusion360 when I configure my tool table there)

It seems like QtDragon_hd is designed to do this, but  I have not been able to find any information on how to configure it (i.e. how/where to connect tool image files to tool table numbers.

If this is a feature that exists, can anyone steer me to documentation/examples on how to setup/configure?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2024 21:05 #292574 by MarkoPolo
There is no function for displaying tool images in qtdragon_hd yet. You have to do it yourself. I did it for myself once. Take a look at this thread forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/26174-screen-...ui-designs?start=200

If you want to change the image on the main page of qtdragon, it is the simplest, you just need to modify the handler  file. If you want to also have images in the tool table, you need to modify two additional files. You can also add an image to the tool tab.

Marek

More
06 Feb 2024 06:54 #292628 by cmorley
Tool images was an idea for qtdragon and others have made it happen as MarkoPolo said.
I never had good images nor am I happy with how the images would be paired with tools.
A database tooltable would be very helpful - but it doesn't seem mainstream yet.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds