QTDragon xyz45 into working config..no motion

More
29 Feb 2024 21:09 - 29 Feb 2024 22:30 #294801 by Halbear
Hi all,
I took the QTDragon xyz45 and edited the ini and hal files to adapt it to the 7i96s card I'm running along with an XHC-WHB04b. 

After commenting out some lines that prevented launch, I have a UI that jogs and transmits and receives signal and motion from the XHC pendant but doesn't seem to output motion to the card, so nothing moves.  

My gut's telling me it was from commenting out the net *-pos-cmd    <= joint.*.motor-pos-cmd lines in the hal file since on launch error it was telling me those pins were connected elsewhere..

As well, in the INI file I tried changing the Parameter file from qtdragon.var to linuxcnc.var like my other working profiles, changed the program prefix line to match those other profiles, commented out the entries in the NGCGUI subroutine path since those were coming up as missing, and not sure what to do with the # subroutine/remap path list.

I'm not sure what else I missed, whether I would have to add files to some new folder or move other stuff or what..

Attached Hal and Ini files below:

Edit: I should clarify used Pncconf to create a basic setup first and then replaced the ini and Hal files with the modified ones attached 

Edit2: It does command the spindle as well.. the spindle stops, starts, and turns so the card is giving some output anyway, just no motion (jogging via the UI doesn't move the motors either)
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Feb 2024 22:30 by Halbear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2024 02:25 #294816 by cmorley
yes those lines can not be commented out.
Looks like you have simulation HAL code mixed in.

Go back to the working config with what ever screen you were using.
Make sure jogging works.
then add/change this:

[DISPLAY]
DISPLAY = qtvcp qtdragon
REFERENCE_FILE_PATH = WORKINGFOLDER/qtdragon.pref

then fix any errors (not warning yet) that come up.
then confirm jogging works.
then add more qtdragon specfic INI changes.

Oh and please move this thread to Qtvcp - Qtpyvcp is a different screen program.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halbear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds