QTDragon GUI working on a portrait mode monitor

More
30 Jun 2024 09:06 #304076 by ThyerHazard
Hey guys are title says, wondering if anyone has had luck running QTdragon on a vertical monitor as when I try most of it is cut off the screen and full screening with F11 or trying to resize it makes it worse.

If this is not possible is there a LinuxCNC GUI that works well with this set up? 

Thanks guys :D 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2024 12:28 #304078 by tommylight
Axis GUI can be made to work in portrait mode nicely, and QtPlasmaC has a portrait mode in several sizes.
QtDragon will probably need some editing in QtDesigner to work in portrait mode as i do not recall seing it here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThyerHazard

More
30 Jun 2024 12:33 #304079 by ThyerHazard
Alright Ill give editing it a try and if it works Ill try and post it, if not Ill try axis

Thanks mate

More
30 Jun 2024 12:49 #304081 by ThyerHazard
axis hurts my eyes its so ugly, I've got QT Designer working just need to figure out how to edit an existing screen rather than start from scratch as I like dragon a lot.

But its almost 11pm so that is tomorrows problem

More
30 Jun 2024 12:53 #304082 by ThyerHazard
Never mind found out how to open it in the editor right after posting this for anyone who finds this thread

computer/usr/share/qtvcp/screens

:D
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
06 Jul 2024 20:12 #304555 by MarkoPolo
Hello ThyerHazard

Have you managed to make any screens in portrait orientation?
Recently I've been trying to modify qtdragon a bit, it's a very preliminary attempt, but if you don't have anything yet, you can use it for further work.
I don't know what arrangement of elements would be the most ergonomic and comfortable. If you have any ideas, let me know. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, ThyerHazard

More
07 Jul 2024 08:51 #304571 by ThyerHazard
Hey mate, I haven't had a look yet but this looks awesome. Im still on the fence about using this or Probe basic and going back and forth in my mind on what I prefer. But If I go with QTDragon I will totally look at yours thanks heaps for this :D

Im honesty surprised more UIs for LinuxCNC aren't portrait mode compatible as it makes for a better form factor on the side of the machine in a console but I guess everyone is different :D

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds