Spyder Parts

More
01 Jun 2014 00:28 #47582 by BigJohnT
Spyder Parts was created by BigJohnT
Here is a photo of one of the custom parts I make for the Can Am Spyder. Showcasing the 3rd Op that I did on my Hardinge CHNC powered by LinuxCNC.

JT
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2014 18:36 #47598 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Spyder Parts
Very nice.

What parts are they? Look like a spacer or washer for a shaft of some sort.

I have to admit I did not realise Can Am made tricycles, I used to ride their 250cc scramble bikes a long time ago.

The British armed forces used them in replacement of the old Triumph Tiger 500cc bikes they used to have. Nice powerful bikes, but weighed a lot and you did not want to drop it across your leg when riding cross country!

regards

More
01 Jun 2014 19:10 - 01 Jun 2014 19:12 #47599 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Spyder Parts
LOL I didn't know that Can Am made bikes, I just knew about snow machines and water craft they make and of course as they call them the roadsters which is a reverse trike arrangement and is becoming very popular.

This part replaces the analog gauge (which is junk) with either a Dual USP charging port or a 12v power port. I powder coat them after machining is done. When you unplug one of the analog gauges the digital gauge shows up on the center display.

JT
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jun 2014 19:12 by BigJohnT.

More
02 Jun 2014 17:08 #47620 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Spyder Parts
Nice work John!

Rick G

More
13 Jun 2014 06:02 #47954 by Sterling
Replied by Sterling on topic Spyder Parts
very cool I first started seeing those CanAm's up here in Minnesota about 5 years back. They look pretty cool!

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds