First Plasma CNC build with a cutting space of approximately 500*500

More
24 Oct 2021 11:50 #224085 by tommylight

Uhh I completly forgot that youre from Kosovo Tommy if i am right.

Yes i am.

Maybe it will get to hot for the Nema23 if i do that?

No worries, they can withstand over 80C, and there is no need to push the current to the max as they are geared.

Do i need an idler bearing on the reduction belt too? Or can i tighten the belt up by moving the nema if i add some bigger holes?

I would skip the idler and do slots for motor screws.

How much movement do you guys add to the floating head before the switch triggers is 20mm to much?

Yes it is, it should be as short as possible as it saves a lot of time on probing. I usually end up with 3 to 5mm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2021 12:11 #224571 by andypugh
I would like to re0iterate my cunning plan for a floating-head:

Use a guided pneumatic cylinder for the float part, like:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362279771394
Then you can use the cutting air to lock it down during cuts, preventing vibration triggering the switch.
These cylinders are designed to mount limit switches, so it is pretty much an all-in one floating slide already made.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
28 Oct 2021 14:50 #224585 by tommylight
That is a nice setup! :)
But, using cutting air will leave it active for 10 to 30 seconds after the cut (post flow), and will require a lot of force to activate the switch if the torch runs into warped material.

More
28 Oct 2021 14:57 #224587 by andypugh
Stop bringing your real-world objections in to my theoretical musings :-)

I was rather assuming a breakaway torch mount.
Reducing the load with an inline regulator probably wouldn't work, as it would not allow the air back out when the gas turned off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
28 Oct 2021 15:02 #224589 by tommylight
Call me Freddy, Freddy Crueger !!! :)

More
29 Oct 2021 12:33 #224645 by besi99

I would like to re0iterate my cunning plan for a floating-head:

Use a guided pneumatic cylinder for the float part, like:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362279771394
Then you can use the cutting air to lock it down during cuts, preventing vibration triggering the switch.
These cylinders are designed to mount limit switches, so it is pretty much an all-in one floating slide already made.

Wow thats actual a really good plan. Have you already built one with these cylinders? Can you control the locking down with the LinuxCNC software? Also wouldnt it take longer to probe as tommy said? I mean if youre cutting something with a lot of holes it would take longer for the head to probe because it needs to push all the air out. Or am I overthinking it.

More
29 Oct 2021 12:39 #224646 by besi99

Dang it, i wrote a lot and accidentally hit the "back" button on the mouse .... me angry ...

I know the pain same thing happend to me when I did my first post here :D directly removed the macro from my mouse so it will never happen again :D.

I will shorten the movement for the floating head. I´ve also added slot to tension the reduction belt. I tried fitting an idler bearing with a slot to tension the belt. But i dont really have that much space down there.

Steel didnt arrive till today. I hope it will get to me tomorrow so I can finally build the frame. If it arrives tomorrow I should be able to give you guys some pics about the frame built.

More
29 Oct 2021 15:16 #224656 by tommylight

I will shorten the movement for the floating head.

Movement has to be a bit longer and it does not matter much just do not make it to short as it will be hard to tune the switch, triggering the float switch is shorter=better=quicker.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds