Some Plasma Art

More
29 Oct 2021 12:17 #224643 by bevins
Some Plasma Art was created by bevins
QTPlasmac is working pretty good. I still have some thc issues to deal with. But overall, pretty cool.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2021 12:23 #224644 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Some Plasma Art
Looks nice!  Lots of pierces and small moves there, always a good test of the works.  I bet that outer cut was satisfying to watch.  Glad it's working well for you.

More
29 Oct 2021 13:02 #224647 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Some Plasma Art

Looks nice!  Lots of pierces and small moves there, always a good test of the works.  I bet that outer cut was satisfying to watch.  Glad it's working well for you.

Yeah thanks. I thought it would have been a good test. Buit, the plasma blew a breaker half way in and QTPlasmac paused. I switched the breaker to a 40amp breaker and turned it back on. When I resumed with QTPlasmac, there was a 5-10 sec delay and I cant figure out where that came from whether it was QTPlasmac or the propcut-55. It has happened twice and I dont know where the delay is. Other than that it is working good. I still need to work on the thc as it is not going good, but as Phil stated I have to fix my speed in ini file. That I have left to do. The customer is really happy though.

More
29 Oct 2021 13:07 #224648 by bevins
Having fun testing some plasma art on customers QTPlasmac for my game room. lol

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
29 Oct 2021 14:04 #224651 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Some Plasma Art
It's unclear to me if the pause you are experiencing is occurring at a CYCLE resume, or when exactly.  

But as a thought for pausing, I had thought something was up in the past, and it was the material change line's P value (to wait for the valid material change) that was getting me.  For some reason sometimes I noticed it, and sometimes I did not.  

Otherwise, I wonder if it would do it after you straighten out the ini file..

More
29 Oct 2021 14:39 #224654 by bevins
QTPlasmac got a valid lost arc from the procut, so it stopped moving. I had to hit pause and resume, after I repowered the procut plasma. Then 5-10 seconds after it started up, so I dont know where the delay is. Not a big deal, just wondering and I was amazed it restarted right where it left off. kinda cool. I have a feeling the delay is in the procut. I can test it and look at when QTPlasmac sends the torch on signal and how many times it does that if I recreate the scenario.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, snowgoer540

More
29 Oct 2021 19:45 #224669 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Some Plasma Art
Looks great!

With a lot of pierces, its possible the plasma cutter overheated and dropped the arcOK. I have had that happen once with my Thermal Dynamics 120 amp machine. Its rated 100% @ 120 amps and I was only cutting 2mm@ 40 amps! Like your experience, once it cooled down, resuming cutting was seamless.  I think a lot of pierces close together is not factored into their duty cycle specs.

I've also had similar faults on low air pressure when the breaker on the compressor tripped.

Next time it happens, check if there are any warning lights enabled on the plasma cutter. Both times my plasma cutter told me there was an error.

More
29 Oct 2021 22:27 #224681 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Some Plasma Art

Next time it happens, check if there are any warning lights enabled on the plasma cutter.

I doubt he will see any warning lights seeing as his circuit breaker tripped! :)

More
30 Oct 2021 02:55 #224693 by bevins

Next time it happens, check if there are any warning lights enabled on the plasma cutter.
I doubt he will see any warning lights seeing as his circuit breaker tripped! :)

The only indicator I saw was the power light was off....lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
30 Oct 2021 19:30 #224726 by bevins
So I got the ini file all fixed up and the thc is working pretty good now. I tried tracking down that delay issue and.....
I am prettty sure it is in the pro-cut as I seen the QTP send torch on three times before the procut started the arc after a delay.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds