Proper Single Block (fanuc/siemens style)

More
21 Mar 2022 00:29 #237864 by fsabbatini
Good evening everyone, I just wanted to show off one feature I was working with, also you will notice the complete new HMI, more of that later..

Best regards,
Franco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2022 21:32 #238142 by andypugh
I wasn't actually aware that there was a problem with the existing single-block mode (partly as `i have never used it) . Can you elaborate on what you have fixed?

To be honest I would expect single-block to default to exact-stop and _not_ machine the blends. But I can see that if you are wanting exactly the same final part then you would not want that.

More
23 Mar 2022 21:42 #238143 by tommylight

I wasn't actually aware that there was a problem with the existing single-block mode (partly as `i have never used it) .

Same here, i did read it and wondered the same thing, but since it was over 2 years ago that i used it, i could not confirm nor deny that. Back then it did work exactly as it should, it would run a single line and stop.
Since the new look ahead was default, i do not know if that is the case now, and i can not test that on a plasma machine.

More
24 Mar 2022 05:03 #238190 by cmorley
single block is supposed to follow the gcode file lines.
You can run each line one at a time - no matter what it is.
Linuxcnc skips some lines because it combines them into one motion message.
linuxcnc single blocks motion messages.

Also I think single block usually uses cycle start to initiate each line.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Mar 2022 21:25 #238275 by andypugh

I wasn't actually aware that there was a problem with the existing single-block mode

Just to be clear, I am not dismissing your work or claiming that the current behaviour is correct. I am trying to understand what you have fixed. 

More
26 Mar 2022 21:11 #238426 by cmorley
Do you have a git hub with your changes?

More
09 Jun 2022 22:27 #244824 by fsabbatini
Hi Andy,
On the current version, there is not a SINGLE BLOCK, just a stepping mode where first you need to pause, then continue with not RUN but with STEP.
On every industrial CNC you can just press a button called SBL (single block) and the machine will stop when the current block is done. After it on every "cycle start" press, it will just move block by block (only motion, calculations is stepped all over until next motion). Also, the inverse behavior is valid, while is on single block and the current movement is executing, you can remove the single block just with a button and the motion will not stop...

To finish my explanation, there is an awful bug on the current version that if you press STEP several times while executing the current step it will just do as many STEPS as clicks on STEP button.

Regards
Franco!

More
27 Nov 2022 14:36 #257736 by microsprintbuilder
I too would like to know how to fix this. I have made some button panels and would like to use the single step button like on my other machines that still have commercial controls. A little off topic Id like to get the run from line to work like a commercial controller as well. My g-code post processor puts out safe start lines at every new operation so I don't need all that extra stuff the current way works. It causes my machine to multiple tool changes to get to where you selected.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds