Promecor Lathe retrofit with TKXHMI

More
15 May 2022 19:26 #243045 by fsabbatini
Some of it as it diverged a lot, for example Python thing is not well supported (the new interface is C++ with Qt made)
File saving settings is removed, everything is database managed and updated as it runs, not at linuxcnc closing so in case of power outage, values remains.
Python preview is completely broken as I made a “simulation” preview so it does not get affected by endless loops as current Python preview works
All of these makes pretty hard to pull changes without braking users machines

My idea is to open a fork or something in the near future for lcnc modified codebase

Regards
Franco!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PKM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2022 12:39 #243150 by andypugh

-industrial tool manager with life manager by part count or by cutting time. Tools offsets and tool wears. Tool manager working as $inumerik 

Is this using the (new) tool database interface?
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/tooldatabase/tooldatabase.html

-currently executing line showing exactly as it should be! Even in subroutines (for gosh sake!!!)

I would strongly advocate getting that into LinuxCNC mainline.

-ethercat drive homing implemented into homing.c

Is this using the (new) homing interface?
I can't find any real docs for this, but
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/homecomp.9.html
And sample code:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...onents/homecomp.comp

More
18 May 2022 22:15 #243300 by fsabbatini
Hi Andy,
My first shot was using tooldb but then I realized that it was not what I really wanted, it is more a patch than a solution. I integrated zeromq with protobuf for messaging so I don’t only send tool information but also work offsets , variables and even settings stored on the db, no need to use file for saving stuff. The advance of this is that it is saved as soon as data changed and not only at powering off.

Sure, I can pull request line showing

About homing, I added a “drive based homing” setting on the ini to let the system it should just use the drive homing and wait for completeness. No need to use the new homing thing

Regards
Franco

More
21 Jul 2022 11:30 #247932 by rmu

Sure, I can pull request line showing

Does this also apply to subroutines in different files?

More
21 Jul 2022 14:34 #247946 by fsabbatini
Yes my friend, just gcode subroutines and remaps , Python remaps shows line that called them

More
21 Jul 2022 15:00 #247950 by rmu
Would be really nice if you could PR that. It seems that involves changes all over the board to add the filename wherever line_number is changed.

More
21 Jul 2022 17:08 #247963 by fsabbatini
You are absolutely right but I have done it better as you would have to hold the file name on real-time and it’s a no no . What I have done is creating a list where every time a file is loaded just append it to a list and get the index into real-time so now you have file number and line number

More
24 Jul 2022 17:42 #248178 by cakeslob
Hey, lookin good. your cnc controller panel, is that a retrofit or did you buy one of those fany panel mount keyboards? was it expensive? I want one but they are so damn expensive......

Also, when you say HMI, you mean in the literal sense? is your screen just a normal HDMI/DVI/VGA monitor? not an industrial PLC HMI?

More
24 Jul 2022 18:16 #248184 by spumco
I want one but they are so damn expensive......

Yea, this.  Do want, can't justify.

@fsabbatini
My idea is to open a fork or something in the near future for lcnc modified codebase

There are clearly a bunch of folks here slobbering over your screenset and back-stage improvements.

I've got an older Emco 325-II live-tool C-axis lathe running the PC-based fake "Fanuc" control.  It mostly works, but I expect some proprietary component to die if I blink and Emco is useless with older control support.

The single-block improvement you've demonstrated alone is worth me buying components to set up a bench-testing rig just to have something ready when the Emco dies.

What do you need from this community to publish this masterpiece and give a little aid the slower-witted of us in setting something up like this?

Money? Booze? Applause?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Jul 2022 11:45 #248244 by fsabbatini
Hey cakeslob, you are right, they are expensive, it cost around 180usd but it is made from stainless stell with high IP, usable in the dirtiest environment. I have been using logitech keyboards and they last as long as a fart in a cage in heavy dirty environment..
when i say HMI is the part of software you interact with. Eveything is running on an industrial panel pc (the motherboards connects to the screen through LVDS signals internally), nice and neat.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds