New Machine Control Panel

More
27 Apr 2024 22:50 #299215 by fsabbatini
Hi! Just to show the thing I am working on 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco, MennilTossFlykune

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2024 23:09 #299216 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic New Machine Control Panel
Nice! Have you considered a panel mount keyboard? MIght add  a bit to costs but save a lot in wiring!
www.aliexpress.com/item/4000575816352.ht...023.6.28709HVP9HVPeU

More
28 Apr 2024 03:29 #299229 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic New Machine Control Panel

Hi! Just to show the thing I am working on 

Nice panel Franco!

Using Ethercat to connect like you showed on previous panels?

How're the $iemens-ish GUI and LCNC modifications coming along?

More
28 Apr 2024 13:20 - 28 Apr 2024 13:36 #299250 by fsabbatini
Hi Spumco!
Yes, I am just designing the PCB that’s controls it. The bottom part (plc user buttons + normal stuff like start, stop, coolant on/off, etc) goes to the ethercat board. The keyboard I made a USB board that connects directly to the pc and it is seen as a normal HID keyboard but it sends “special combinations” for menu select, machine and so on

regarding the $iemens like modifications it is comming along really well! Not finished yet the new version but basically I got rid of the INI file, made a parameters table (machine, channel, axis), added support for multichannel (basically you can control group axis in different channels and run different gcode in each at the same time (for example in twin turrets lathes). For doing all these stuff I basically rewrote the cnc, everything in C++ (got rid of C as each channel is implemented as a C++ class). Got rid also of NML (replaced by zeromq and capnproto) so it is easier to add new commands as NML is a good but old piece of software. Replaced the rs274 interpreter for a 100% $iemens compatible one so now I have all nice commands like goto, gotof, gotos, repeat from to, etc… 
I removed the o#number thing! This was what I hated the most! Also now subprograms are just searched by file name in same directory structure as $iemens, (current dir-> spf dir-> cus dir->…) 
concerning to GUI I am finishing adding “countour gui” for graphically draw a contour and write gcode automatically (check attachment)

when the project is more advanced I will post more info and tests 

bye!
Franco
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Apr 2024 13:36 by fsabbatini.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco, MennilTossFlykune

More
29 Apr 2024 02:46 #299289 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic New Machine Control Panel

now I have all nice commands like goto, gotof, gotos, repeat from to, etc… 
I removed the o#number thing! This was what I hated the most! Also now subprograms are just searched by file name in same directory structure as $iemens, (current dir-> spf dir-> cus dir->…) 

Those two things are near the top of my LCNC wishlist.

Can't wait to see future progress.

More
29 Apr 2024 22:05 #299346 by fsabbatini
Hi Rod,
If you take a closer look, i use a ribbon cable to attache it to the PCB, no wiring required at all (just ethernet cable for io keys and usb cable for keyboard part and 24vdc power cable, of course)

Regards
Franco
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds