PCI-E Parallel Card Problem

More
28 Jun 2021 22:47 #213190 by Bari
Replied by Bari on topic PCI-E Parallel Card Problem
This driver was added to the kernel for Dev. ID 3050, Date: Sat, 26 May 2018, Kernel 4.14 git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/...788f7d57b3b8d1a030ab

Debian also back ported this to earlier kernels since it is working with Kernel 4.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2021 22:26 #213280 by andypugh

I installed Wheezy and LCNC2.8.1 meaning RTAI kernel 3.4.x if not wrong. Today 2.8.2 is realised, I am gonna update it, and not sure if new RTAI kernel wold be updated as well 4.19 that might have already included driver for PCIe. Let you know outcomes.

The latest 4.19.195 kernel that I built (on the server) has all the parallel port drivers that I could find enabled. 
If you could find the time to test it, then I would be grateful. 
One concern I have is that I had to enable the drivers, they were off by default. I am hoping that they are being turned on for the off-the-shelf preempt-rt kernels. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike_Eitel

More
27 Jul 2021 20:18 #216065 by probamo
Replied by probamo on topic PCI-E Parallel Card Problem
@andy

By upgrading in regular way (USB startup 2.8.2) and through synaptic managing installation linuxcnc (removing first linux-uspace), installation of RTAI instead of PREEMT-RT did not boot at all in the 4.19.195 kernel. Then I chose alternative solution. First get back on LiveUSB installation, find on the net deb package of linux-header, linux-image and rtai- all related to 4.19.195 and relevant 2.8.2 and again nothing, saying rtai - could not be installed. Lately, installation of rtai 4.19.174 and 2.8.1 deb package worked for me, PCI-e was recognized and machine is speeding up.
I do not know what is wrong with my computer not accepting 4.19.195 hence 2.8.2, however, till now, I run very smooth with machine.

P.S. I know most of you are staring to use MESA and PREEMT-RT, still BoB and RTAI shall have to be alive in future in my opinion - cheaper still stable solution

More
27 Jul 2021 20:30 #216066 by Bari
Replied by Bari on topic PCI-E Parallel Card Problem

LiveUSB installation, find on the net deb package of linux-header, linux-image and rtai- all related to 4.19.195 and relevant 2.8.2 and again nothing, saying rtai - could not be installed

RTAI could not be installed or it could not find the LPT card? If RTAI could not be installed please start a new discussion on a new thread and post the actual error and the hardware you tried using.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds