Error,

More
15 Dec 2016 16:08 #84188 by tommylight
Ok, does linuxcnc start? Does the machine move. Anything?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 16:24 #84191 by tjamscad

Ok, does linuxcnc start? Does the machine move. Anything?

Linux CNC loads, estop reset and machine on. As soon as it loads it gives the real time error. I can turn it on and home all it moves fast and gives a following error.

More
15 Dec 2016 16:38 #84196 by tommylight
Ok that is nice progress, now you are getting real time errors so you have to use a larger base thread in the ini file.
Start linuxcnc and move all the axis by hand one by one while checking the dro on screen, the values should change with movement. If it does, check the acceleration and velocity values, and check if you are using inch or metric .

More
16 Dec 2016 20:39 #84288 by tjamscad
I have was put under the impression that the PPMC stuff doesn't use the base thread. It is commented out in my machine.

More
17 Dec 2016 08:15 #84310 by tommylight
I do not recal seeing a base thread now that you mention it. So check the value of servo thread, it should be 1000000.
If you are getting real time errors with the correct servo thread, the PC is acting up or there is something causing delays.

More
22 Dec 2016 14:20 - 22 Dec 2016 14:51 #84554 by tjamscad
Replied by tjamscad on topic Error,
I received a new PPMC encoder card from John. Linux CNC will boot.

The drives and contacts are all pulsing on and off. It is fast enough that the axes will even get through homing but I am afraid that it will damage the machine.
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Dec 2016 14:51 by tjamscad.

More
22 Dec 2016 15:27 #84557 by cncnoob1979
Replied by cncnoob1979 on topic Error,
Have you checked the power source for the relays?

If you have a faulty power source the voltage drop maybe enough to cause your relays to cycle as you described. Using a voltmeter could quickly rule it out.

Check for shorts ect from the source of power to the next relay then work your way downstream of the power flow.

More
22 Dec 2016 15:43 #84559 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Error,
Also check for AC voltage on the DC side, that would indicate a shorted diode. Check also the power drop on the DC side when that occurs, capacitors might be dry.

More
23 Dec 2016 14:33 #84613 by tjamscad
Replied by tjamscad on topic Error,
All the voltages that should be present appear to be present. I am not finding AC on the DC side. That is checking from my supply sources and at the relays. They are just turning on and off.

More
23 Dec 2016 14:59 #84616 by cncnoob1979
Replied by cncnoob1979 on topic Error,
Try to identify if you have a ground that switches to power/enable your relay.

Meaning - instead of a power source going to your relay to power it, another relay controls the ground [-neg/0V] to activate the relay. Power already present at that specific relay waiting on a [-neg/0V] source to activate.

In my set-up on the the interact I had a relay that switched [fluttered] like you stated and it was controlled by a [-neg/0V] switching relay, I found a bad [-neg/0V] wire. It rang out fine, but could not handle any significant load.

Is this all your relays doing this? Or is it a section that controls a specific area?

Can you try to disable/disconnect relays in the series [assuming the problematic ones are in a series] to identify if one is failing causing a cascading effect. I know electrical gremlins are difficult to track down.

If you want give me a call and I can try to give you hand in troubleshooting.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds