Getting started with Linux, LinuxCNC and CNC

More
20 Jul 2016 18:00 #77729 by sharpshooterser
its the same on the other, the readings. maybe I am doing it wrong, I m not used to using a miltimeter, but I will try to get some help and advice how to do it properly :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2016 21:13 - 21 Jul 2016 21:31 #77794 by sharpshooterser
Hi
while waiting on a professional to do the check for the interrupter and how to set it up with 5 axis bob, I ve been playing with ngcgui you ve suggested me, and it is an awesome feature, that I can use often.
I ve directed it to nc files so now I load the saved g code without hassle to my working configuration for emco.
Editing several files seems also simple, for OD turning at least (I ve added a screen shot, yeah its from laptop, but I dont use it to run a machine, this is for testing)
Now, I am having trouble with getting right parameters to OD taper.
To be specific, I want to cut a taper, that starts at z-40, and ends at z-55. x start is 17.6, x end is around 12 (angle is near 10 degrees, I have it calculated). But when I insert the asked dimensions, I get a ("near line 24 of ... in concave corner cannot be reached by the tool without gouging")
What is the right way to input it?

Also, I have edited lathe_std to metric output, and taper-od and od ngc files. Can you look at them, do they seem correct to you? And I have altered the finishing position to g54 x25 z 25 - or should I leave them at g53 x0 z0?
Also, having these subs in my main window would be a plus, if that is possible to achieve?
Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jul 2016 21:31 by sharpshooterser.

More
22 Jul 2016 06:56 #77810 by sharpshooterser
OK, got it how to insert tabs it into my emco lathe ini file. Havent tested it yet.

I am not sure about TTT, and setting it?
Attachments:

More
22 Jul 2016 22:16 #77859 by BigJohnT
True Type Tracer is not something you would use on a lathe... all of my lathe ngcgui subroutines are here:
gnipsel.com/files/chnc/subroutines/

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharpshooterser

More
27 Jul 2016 15:48 #78076 by sharpshooterser
Thank you for this, I have implemented most of them, they will be quite handy!

More
29 Jul 2016 20:28 - 29 Jul 2016 20:31 #78151 by sharpshooterser
Back to the photo interrupter problem. A friend of mine made me a simple test interrupter (and I forgot to take the schematic or the picture of it) that is connected to the China BOB to 5V+, GND and lets say pin 13. But he made it with only one sensor (instead of two). I hooked it up, tried to configure it in stepconf, and blocked it with peace of paper to see will I have any readout, but no luck.
Will it work with just Index chosen, or do I need to have at least two to make it work?

Attached file is for the original Emco setup, the X40 connection is one for the factory interrupter.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jul 2016 20:31 by sharpshooterser.

More
30 Jul 2016 17:08 #78163 by sharpshooterser
This is what was used
Attachments:

More
30 Jul 2016 17:10 #78164 by sharpshooterser
maybe a simple schematic that will work with china BOB and ITR8102 would be better to ask?
Thanks
Attachments:

More
30 Jul 2016 18:35 - 30 Jul 2016 20:09 #78166 by tommylight
That photo sensor has to be completely in dark or it will not work AFAIK. It looks wired properly, but it needs a 5V power connected to it, and that break out board requires you to add "-not" to your input lines in HAL, if i am remembering correctly.
I have attached i config i made for a friend named plasma, so just unzip it and right click on the ini file and choose open with > linuxcnc, if you do not have that in the context menu, chose "open with" and "other application", under "use custom command" write "linuxcnc" and press enter.
It will start that config so you can actually see if you got your signals going from sensor to BOB and computer.
Regards,
Tom
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jul 2016 20:09 by tommylight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharpshooterser

More
30 Jul 2016 18:57 #78167 by sharpshooterser
Hi Tom, thank you for the info, just there is no attachment at your post :D

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds