Getting started with Linux, LinuxCNC and CNC

More
30 Jul 2016 20:11 #78169 by tommylight
Sorry for that, was way to busy, as always.
I will be here for another 3-4 hours, just in case...
Tom
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharpshooterser

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2016 12:32 #78182 by sharpshooterser
Thanks for this, I will try it out. Will it work woth just one sensor, or two of them are mandatory?

More
31 Jul 2016 16:15 #78193 by tommylight
It will work with one, just connect the output from sensor to one of the inputs on paraport so it can show if you are actually getting a signal.
4 inputs are for connecting them to the ground, one is that needs an actual 3-5V to show in the panel.
Tom

More
11 Aug 2016 05:34 #78596 by sharpshooterser
Got it all working, thanks to Tom and John-100 from cnczone.
For future reference, if someone uses ITR8102 opto with common China 5 axis BOB (documents enclosed) following schematics for opto sensors will work.
Attachments:

More
11 Aug 2016 05:37 #78597 by sharpshooterser
Also, I found this post on g71 and g72 subroutines, but I cant clearly understand how to implement them?

forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/40-subroutines-...etc-etc?limitstart=0

and this g33 program for knurling looks interesting, but, again, how to use it?

forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/show-your-stuff...-using-g33-emco-120p

More
18 Aug 2016 15:10 - 18 Aug 2016 15:10 #79006 by andypugh

Also, I found this post on g71 and g72 subroutines, but I cant clearly understand how to implement them?

forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/40-subroutines-...etc-etc?limitstart=0

The ZIP file contains a set of routines that are described in the README file. The files work as part of the NGCGUI wizard system
Last edit: 18 Aug 2016 15:10 by andypugh.

More
19 Sep 2016 10:02 #80598 by sharpshooterser
I have replced the electronicsand the steppers on my Emco yesterday. Got a slightly better performance than before (mainly due to low voltage power source) bit thats something to work on.

I have few other questions. I used simple china 5axis bob. Got the e stop working properly. My main switch is killing the power to the swittchung supply and the bob.
How can I make linux not to ask me to home it every time I turn the machine off and then on?
How can I make linuxcnc to "turn off" (to dim the power button" when I turn off the main switch?
Because g54 and similar commands wont work when its not homed. And if I turn off the lathe on the main switch, and linuxcnc keeps runing, the position changes I make on it doesnt affect the tool position when I turn the lathe on again.
For instance, if I position the cutter to 0,0 and turn off the lathe, if I move the position in linuxcnc (that is still running) to 10,10, when I turn the machine back on, cutter stays in same position, but it reads 10,10 (and not 0,0 like when I turend it off).
Oh, and one more thing - I dont see the cutter image on preview, when I load the tool with m6 g43 command.
And cancI just copy the tool table fromcthe old setup, I havent made any changes on them physically?
Thanks

More
19 Sep 2016 21:18 #80637 by andypugh

How can I make linux not to ask me to home it every time I turn the machine off and then on?

See the ini-config docs on NO_FORCE_HOMING
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-config.html#_traj_section

How can I make linuxcnc to "turn off" (to dim the power button" when I turn off the main switch?

You could make the main power also operate a tiny relay that switches a GPIO to drive the pin motion.enable
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/motion.9.html
If your GPIO can handle the main-switch control voltage then you might not need the relay, but you probably need flyback diodes.

Oh, and one more thing - I dont see the cutter image on preview, when I load the tool with m6 g43 command

Does the tool table specify orientation, front angle and back angle.

More
20 Sep 2016 03:52 #80653 by sharpshooterser
Thanks Andy - got it on homing, and tool table is all set up.
As for GPIO, I ll have to work on that, but its doable.

More
26 Sep 2016 10:54 - 26 Sep 2016 11:24 #80927 by sharpshooterser
Last edit: 26 Sep 2016 11:24 by sharpshooterser.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds