Need testers for gmoccapy_5_axis

More
24 Feb 2016 17:22 #70576 by newbynobi

I think that a check to make sure that everything is within limits would be good especially when dealing with potential mm and inch conflicts for values due to oversights like the one I made.

How to check limits? I do not know the limits of the users hardware. So if you enter maxvel=100 is a a valid value?
I know a machine running at 60.000 mm/min milling wood, but in Inch that would be very fast!

The user is responsible for the settings, If he do enter a mm value and leave the units in inch, it will cause strange behavior.

What I mean is: If a user have a maxvel of 100 units/sec and a default vel of 5 units/sec, set the turtle jog mode, and if he has a default vel of 60 units/sec set the rabbit jog mode.

Or just save the state of the button, and restart with the state the button had when closing the GUI.

Norbert
The topic has been locked.
More
29 Feb 2016 02:25 - 29 Feb 2016 02:27 #70790 by auto-mation-assist
Norbert,

You are correct. I agree that configuration values are totally users responsibility. In my cause I overlooked the fact that some parameters were in mm instead of inches and thus It caused me some grief. I was thinking that It would be nice if it was possible to make a printable list of major configuration variables and their functions to make them easy to review, verify and log if desired without having to look for them in potential scattered locations. I'm not aware of such a option being available right now.

In regards to the fast - slow jog button. I think that saving the state of the fast - slow jog button would be better that having it come up in fast mode all the time. But that would still have the potential to flip - flop back and forth between fast jog and slow jog at GUI start. Thus I think that a override lock - unlock bit in the configuration file would be needed to allow a user to set fast or slow mode permanently at GUI start up if desired. This would allow the user to disable the last button state save function if desired.
Last edit: 29 Feb 2016 02:27 by auto-mation-assist.
More
29 Feb 2016 17:25 #70826 by newbynobi
I have that Turtle / Rabbit part on my ToDo List.

Norbert
More
01 Mar 2016 23:20 - 02 Mar 2016 04:52 #70874 by auto-mation-assist
I have been building up a new computer using the Intel I7-6700 processor and a ASUS Z170-A mother board running Debian Jessie 8.3 and have it working with RTpreempt kernel 4.1.0-2 and gmoccapy_5_axis. I noticed some errors popping up in the terminal window and not quite sure how to fix them. Linux CNC seens to run normally just running but not actively controlling the attached machine. I have attached a .pdf file that shows these errors.

I forgot to add that im running Linuxcnc latest v2.7.4 I noticed that my version of uspace is v2.8. vice v2.7. Would that make a difference with the last error in the file I uploaded, (gmoccapy:1380): GtkSourceView-CRITICAL **: gtk_source_language_manager_set_search_path:
assertion 'lm->priv->ids == NULL' failed
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Mar 2016 04:52 by auto-mation-assist.
More
02 Mar 2016 21:06 #70929 by newbynobi
I can not see errors, just infos and the sourceview message.
That last one is a message, because sourceview tries to load the language file to early.
But the corresponding property will be set again a little bit later.

So all is fine:-)
More
19 Apr 2016 17:01 #73605 by alessandro torre
I tested the 5 AXIS XYZAB configuration and it works great.
Maybe I found a bug in the display of the G54 G55 .... offsets.
I'm not very expert, so maybe I missed something in the following file "GMOCCAPY G54-G55 KO", but in the "DRO" view ( upper right black BOX ) I can't display the right G54 G55 coordinate system in "auto" mode.
Instead, in the following file "GMOCCAPY G54-G55 OK" the same system coordinates is correclty displayed.

I'm missing something or there is a bug?
Thank you in advance

Alessandro
Attachments:
More
21 May 2016 17:24 #74915 by gmills46
Hi
I am ready to change from the Axis gui to gmoccapy on a DMG 5 axis machining center that I retrofitted. I have the gmoccapy gui running on a turning center but that version only supports 4 axis control.What is the best method to use for the install? I would like to find someone in the Southern California area to assist with some issues that I have with the ini file as well.
Thank you
Gary
More
23 May 2016 17:07 #74997 by newbynobi
The most resent version is the branch gmoccapy_2,
it is far away from being finished, but IMHO it is running stable.

So feel free to pull and build that branch.

Norbert
More
07 Jun 2016 22:56 #75662 by eighthaxis
Hello Norbert my name is Josh.
Thank you for spending so much time making a great GUI and especially for making it 5 Axis capable.
I am a complete newb to Linux and LinuxCNC and am retrofitting a 5 axis Bostomatic VMC using Mesa 5i25 and a 7i77.
Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am trying my best to find all of the information on this website but am still having trouble.
I have successfully loaded Linux and Linux CNC into the PC. Went through pncconfig(couldn't choose gmoccapy as the option was not present) (also had to choose only 4 axis as 5 axis was not an option)
I have also followed your directions at the beginning of this thread. Everything for gmoccap_5_axis seems to have downloaded compiled and installed without issue.
When I start Linuxcnc I don't end up with a 5 axis version of gmoccapy.
What do I need to do differently?
Aloha
More
13 Jun 2016 20:07 #75934 by newbynobi
what config did you start?
Try gmoccapy_XYZAC.ini from sim folder.

stepconf does not support gmoccapy, you hgave to wait for Chris to add that feature.

Did you do a . ./scripts/rip-environment before starting linuxcnc from the terminal you build it?

Norbert
Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds