Need testers for gmoccapy_5_axis

More
14 Jun 2016 07:49 #75961 by eighthaxis
I will try gmoccapy_XYZAC.ini I had no clue to do so. I will tryi it tomorrow and get back to you.
I did copy your instructions verbatim on the first page of this thread and the rip-environment thing did seem to work.
Is there a way to verify I did it correctly?
Please excuse my ignorance and thank you for your help. I learned about the locate and find commands today in linux and when I try to locate gmoccappy_5_axis it shows up in just two locations.

Aloha,
Josh
The topic has been locked.
More
14 Jun 2016 08:25 #75966 by newbynobi
@All,

the newest version supporting 5 axis is now branch gmoccapy_2, please update.
There are some changes on the inner part and that version will be one of the next releases.
We will need to find a new name or a way to distinguish version 1 and 2.

Recommendations welcome!

Norbert
More
14 Jun 2016 19:58 #76022 by eighthaxis
OK I pulled from the branch gmoccapy_2.
I have attached the terminal session via mousepad for you to review.
I copied the gmoccapy directory from linuxcnc-dev../sim to linuxcnc/configs directory and named it sim.gmoccapy_2
I tried gmoccapy_XYZAB.ini to no avail. I get errors saying gmoccappy can't handle more than 4 axis.
I attached a second doc with all of the errors.
Please let me know where to go from here.
Aloha,
Josh

File Attachment:

File Name: gmoccappy_...tall.txt
File Size:21 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: gmoccapy_X...rors.txt
File Size:62 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: gmoccappy_...tall.txt
File Size:21 KB

gmocappy_2

Thank you again for all of your help.
Attachments:
More
14 Jun 2016 21:30 #76027 by newbynobi
If you get errors, why do you ignore them?
Solve them, otherwise you will never get a working system!!!!!!
f you get errory, please solve them before doing the next step!!!!!!!!!!

distributable due to a license incompatiblilty with LinuxCNC (some portions GPL-2 only) and Readline version 6 and greater (GPL-3 or later). configure: error: To configure LinuxCNC in this way, you must invoke configure with "--enable-non-distributable=yes". Note that on Debian-based systems, you may be able to use libreadline-gplv2-dev instead. make: Failed to remake makefile `Makefile.inc'. make: Failed to remake makefile `Makefile'. josh@Mill:~/linuxcnc-dev/src$ sudo make setuid

Norbert
More
15 Jun 2016 00:17 #76034 by eighthaxis

If you get errors, why do you ignore them?
Solve them, otherwise you will never get a working system!!!!!!
f you get errory, please solve them before doing the next step!!!!!!!!!!

distributable due to a license incompatiblilty with LinuxCNC (some portions GPL-2 only) and Readline version 6 and greater (GPL-3 or later). configure: error: To configure LinuxCNC in this way, you must invoke configure with "--enable-non-distributable=yes". Note that on Debian-based systems, you may be able to use libreadline-gplv2-dev instead. make: Failed to remake makefile `Makefile.inc'. make: Failed to remake makefile `Makefile'. josh@Mill:~/linuxcnc-dev/src$ sudo make setuid

Norbert

Just ignorant.
Thank you very much for your help.
I have successfully installed gmoccapy with all five axis!
Being that you said pnconfig is not compatible with gmoccapy what is the best way to configure the I/O for the 7i77?
Aloha
More
15 Jun 2016 05:59 #76042 by newbynobi
@eightaxis

I am glad, you make it work.
You may use pncconf to get 4 axis and the IO ' configured and edit this file with gedit or notepad to get gmoccapy and the 5'th axis.

I do it that way, I just build a 3 axis machine and edit the INI and HAL files.
First I get rid of all unneded stuff, i.e. in the INI File all the unneded hal entries as shutdown.hal etc.
Second I make the file more easy to edit, I just cut and paste parts arround and split the huge hal file in separate smaler files. I have than a machine.hal file and a spindle.hal and a doors.hal and a toolchange.hal, a coolant.hal, etc. The only problem is, that you need to add all the files in the right order in your INI File, as you may need a component in various files and they are only allowed to be loaded ones.

So good luck.

Norbert
More
15 Jun 2016 21:28 #76122 by eighthaxis
Would you please post an example gmoccapy ini file that is working in five axis?
I am having trouble figuring out what to keep or not keep or overwrite. Some of it is straight forward others not so much.
Which HAL files for example. I am posting the two ini's I am trying to integrate per your suggestion for your evaluation.

File Attachment:

File Name: gmoccapy_X...inal.ini
File Size:8 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: my_LinuxCN...onfg.ini
File Size:4 KB

Aloha
Attachments:
More
15 Jun 2016 21:45 #76124 by eighthaxis
Looks like I need to do the same
with the main HAL files as well. Here they are.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: my_LinuxCN...onfg.hal
File Size:14 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: core_sim_XYZAB.hal
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
More
16 Jun 2016 01:04 - 16 Jun 2016 01:11 #76126 by eighthaxis
Here is my feeble attempt at combining them.
It has errors: Ini variable [AXIS_0]P not found.

File Attachment:

File Name: core_sim_XYZAB-2.hal
File Size:16 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: gmoccapy_XYZAB.ini
File Size:8 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: error1.txt
File Size:116 KB

Aloha
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Jun 2016 01:11 by eighthaxis.
More
16 Jun 2016 11:39 #76150 by andypugh
I think that the problem is at least partly caused by you using a simulator config as your sample file, so all the stuff related to moving hardware is missing.

If you have a 3-axis config then adding more axes isn't particularly difficult.

The INI will have three sections like
[AXIS_0]
[AXIS_1]
[AXIS_2]

You just need to copy and paste those a few more times up to [AXIS_4] (for an XYZAB machine, you would need to go as far as [AXIS_5] for an XYZAC machine)

You also need to change the entry for [TRAJ]AXES and the [TRAJ]COORDINATES to XYZAB.

Then in the HAL file, you will have entries for the connections for each axis. Again, just copy and paste them and increase the index numbers for things like encoders and INI file entries.

It might help to know that, for example, your error message
./core_sim_XYZAB.hal:52: Ini variable '[AXIS_0]P' not found.
mean that in line 52 of the HAL file core_sim_XYZAB,hal file the code is looking for an INI variable that is not there.
ie the HAL has: setp pid.x.Pgain [AXIS_0]P
but the INI file does not have an entry called P in the [AXIS_0] section.
Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds