4th axis tangent to path XY

More
26 May 2012 21:04 #20430 by billykid
hi all
I tried tangentkins. and seems to work, only that I have the button touch off inactive (gray)
you know it can be?
thanks
Mauro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2012 23:28 #20432 by andypugh
billykid wrote:

hi all
I tried tangentkins. and seems to work, only that I have the button touch off inactive (gray)
you know it can be?

Sorry, no, I have no idea. I doubt it is related to the kinematics, I assume there is something about the machine state in Axis that means that touch-off isn't likely.

Do you need to switch to World Mode? (xyz positions, not 123 joints). There is a menu option, or use $

More
27 May 2012 00:41 #20437 by BigJohnT
In Axis you can only touch off when E-Stop is out, Power is On and you are in World Mode. F1, F2, $ is the shortcut keys.

John

More
27 May 2012 16:43 #20450 by billykid
Many thanks Andy, John ! touch off work properly but axes in world mode are noisy, I think perhaps excessive gain.
in mode 0 1 2 3 the movement is fluid.
I will try the next version of tangentkins so that it can be enabled only when needed.
regards
mauro

More
23 Jul 2013 11:23 #36928 by nkp
Replied by nkp on topic 4th axis tangent to path XY
tell me please , how to activate the tangentkins and in the mode "manual"?
To make it work in all modes without exception...

More
23 Jul 2013 16:01 #36932 by andypugh

tell me please , how to activate the tangentkins and in the mode "manual"?
To make it work in all modes without exception...

Unfortunately Tangentkins is something of an experiment that nearly worked, rather than a good solution to the issue.

If I was doing it now, I think that I would use the axis.0.joint-vel-cmd and axis.1.joint-vel-cmd pins to calculate the tangent direction, and probably use a custom HAL component to drive the rotary axis.
This custom HAL component might require a link to the feed over-ride pin to slow the motion on a reversal.

More
20 Oct 2015 19:06 #63999 by mgenton85
Has there been any further dev on tangential path follow or does anyone know of a cam program that will give the c axis output with xyza ?

More
20 Oct 2015 20:57 #64002 by andypugh

Has there been any further dev on tangential path follow or does anyone know of a cam program that will give the c axis output with xyza ?

From a quick Google it seems that Gcodetools (a plug-in for Inkscape) can do this.

An alternative would be an input filter for LinuxCNC. This would take normal XY G-code and add additional C-axis moves.

More
20 Oct 2015 22:08 #64005 by mgenton85

From a quick Google it seems that Gcodetools (a plug-in for Inkscape) can do this.

An alternative would be an input filter for LinuxCNC. This would take normal XY G-code and add additional C-axis moves.

yeah that makes no sense to me :( i tried to use the tangentkins with 2.6.4 but all that happens is joint 3 following error and i dont really understand the language yet
if tangentkins worked that would be ideal can you provide a helpful link so i can decode and learn your program? because i really need to have this capability and i refuse to go back to mach mach 60 ipm with steppers linux 200 ipm same setup except for encoders yeah not going backwards

More
20 Oct 2015 22:21 #64006 by andypugh

can you provide a helpful link so i can decode and learn your program?

Can you re-phrase the question? I am not sure what you mean.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds