Help with linear delta robot kinematics

More
24 Sep 2011 23:39 #13433 by msruggles01
I am building a linear delta robot which I plan on controlling with EMC2. I have seen a number of examples of linear delta robots online that are controlled by EMC2 like this one (
), but I haven't been able to find any examples of the kinematic code. I have found kinematic samples for normal? delta robots (three arms instead of three slides). I'm a good with mechanics and I can work out the equations, but I'm lost when it comes to code. Anyone have kinematic code for a linear delta robot that I can use? Thanks!

-Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2011 00:03 #13465 by msruggles01
Solution found thanks to hg5bsd. Not sure on the legal level if I can post the code here, but if you contact him on youtube he is very helpful.

More
24 Nov 2011 09:17 #15071 by fma
Hi Matt,

Very nice project. Any link to your's?

I'm very interested in such robot, for a reprap/milling bot. I first planed to make a classique deltabot, with angular movements, but it is very complex to make something strong (without lash), and with enough accuracy. Linear mouvements are better for this point of view.

I don't have any youtube account; could you ask hg5bsd if he could share his code? Did you check if there is some license mention in his files?

Thanks,

More
29 Dec 2012 18:19 #28144 by r.g.
Hi Matt or hg5bsd

besides this thread is pretty old i'm intressted in its solution too.

Because i want to test a Rostock 3D printer mechanic with linuxcnc and i think this must be the same kinematic task as you have searched for?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ralf

More
29 Dec 2012 18:58 #28147 by cncbasher

More
30 Dec 2012 01:51 #28162 by r.g.
thanks for the link that i already found and i have asked here because i think this must be a solution for the "nonlinear" delta kinematics but im looking for the linear type.

Hopefully someone can tell if i am right?

Ralf

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds