spindle control with gearchange and near

More
18 Dec 2011 01:06 #15789 by andypugh
fabworx wrote:

yes im changing gear manually i dont currently have a switch on the physical lever.

I think you can probably use the built-in "gearchange" component here.

SWP pointed out that instead of trying to change the encoder scaling, you can convert the spindle speed request into a motor speed request, and keep the closed loop stuff unmodified.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/gearchange.9.html

Net speed-in to motion.spindle-speed-out and then use the speed-out value as the input to your PID.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2011 02:25 #15790 by fabworx
thanx andy i posted my section of hal that has included the gearchange function however im not sure how to get the speed-out value to scale corectly. im not using a pid loop. what am i missing here lol sorry

More
18 Dec 2011 02:47 #15791 by andypugh
fabworx wrote:

thanx andy i posted my section of hal that has included the gearchange function however im not sure how to get the speed-out value to scale corectly. im not using a pid loop. what am i missing here lol sorry

I am completely confused.

What is the problem again?

Have you looked at the built-in "gearchange" component? (link in my previous post)
If your concern is the value displayed in a panel on the screen, then perhaps you could use two gearchange components, one to correct the VFD command, and the other to correct the encoder velocity (which would have the inverse scales to the first one)

More
18 Dec 2011 03:08 #15792 by fabworx
Im using the gearchange component please look at my hal a few posts back. Ihadnt thought to use two gearchange components how should I implement that thanx

More
18 Dec 2011 03:39 #15793 by fabworx
Ok I have figured out what my problem is I had used a net command to couple the mux2.*.out to my pwmgen scale so my pwmgen is not getting scaled what can I use to input the result of my mux2 to the pwmgen scale.

More
18 Dec 2011 10:04 #15799 by fabworx
woo hoo im stoked i got itall in all im using 3 abs functions 3 scales 1 gear change & 1 near, ill post my spindle hal when i get it cleaned up it hardly makes sence jumping all over the place to make the connections but it functions its like 2 am so im gonna call it a day thank you everyone who has contributed. the only thing its laking is the min and max on the gearchange really have no effect i can call a s of 1000 rpm in low gear and it will try to do it. so im not sure yet how to make it ask me to change into high gear if it calls for a s600 or higher.

More
18 Dec 2011 14:11 #15807 by andypugh
fabworx wrote:

Im using the gearchange component please look at my hal a few posts back.

Ah, yes, so you are. I am used to seeing all the loadrt lines at the top, followed by all the addf lines, and hadn't read far enough through to see the gearchange being loaded.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds