Setting up 5axiskins

More
05 Jan 2012 19:02 #16354 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Setting up 5axiskins
tommy wrote:

I noticed one more thing in preview window when machine is homing, B rotates "around" Y axis, and that is different than on machine, where B rotates "around" X axis when it is in home position.

The preview window has very little idea how the actual machine is set up. You can change some things with the [DISPLAY]GEOMETRY= line in the INI file, but it will always assume that A revolves round X, B round Y and C round Z. (which is the normal axis naming convention)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 21:36 - 05 Jan 2012 21:38 #16357 by tommy
Replied by tommy on topic Re:Setting up 5axiskins
andypugh wrote:

The preview window has very little idea how the actual machine is set up. You can change some things with the [DISPLAY]GEOMETRY= line in the INI file, but it will always assume that A revolves round X, B round Y and C round Z. (which is the normal axis naming convention)

Finally break trough! I solved following error on angular axis when jog in gantrykins. I had to increase max_acceleration and stepgen_maxaccel values on angular axes significantly.

So I switched now to my modified 5axiskins, and there I can jog everything accept B axis, where immediately Jont0 or Joint6 following error shows up.

So there is no connection between what is in ini for GEOMETRY = XYZBC and kinematics module?

Just thinking ... if this kinematics module works tool tip center rotation, and lets say I want to run in MDI G0 B10 , and in case that emc by default thinks I have B axis parallel to Y, it needs to move also X and Z axis. In my case it should move Y and Z right? and I t should not even try to move it, but it does, if I enter that code...

Maybe solutions ...

- now my C axis rotates +/-185deg from home position and when homed B axis is parallel to X, would it help, if I rotate home position of C axis for 90deg, so it will make B homed parallel to Y and in this case I have +95/-280deg limits on C axis, and following by modification in post processor for cam.

- much simpler solution -> swap X and Y axis in emc2
Last edit: 05 Jan 2012 21:38 by tommy.

More
05 Jan 2012 22:20 #16360 by andypugh
tommy wrote:
[quoteSo I switched now to my modified 5axiskins, and there I can jog everything accept B axis, where immediately Jont0 or Joint6 following error shows up. [/quote]

This will be because the B axis velocity and pivot length (and tool-length in W, I think) require the X axis to move faster than it is able to in order to keep the tool tip stationary. You will need to choose a B velocity limit such that X can keep up for any plausible tool length. (you also need the correct number in the pivot length)

More
08 Jan 2012 17:38 #16443 by tommy
Machine is up and running!

I had to do some more tuning on accelerations and velocities to work them all together...

andypugh Thank you for support!

From now on I am ex Mach3 user! ;)

More
29 Jan 2012 19:59 #17267 by tommy
I am finally prepared to do first cuttings, but I noticed that there is missing something. Machine does compensation for the pivot length, but it doesn't take in account number from W column in tool table for specific tool.

Code is like:
T1 M03 G43

Do I need to specify also W axis in .ini, and any additional lines in .hal?

More
30 Jan 2012 20:08 - 30 Jan 2012 21:38 #17280 by tommy
So, I managed to define also W axis in .ini file and when I run simple code as it is this one:

N01 T1 M06 G43
N02 G00 X400 Y300 Z20 B0 C0 M03
N03 G01 X50 Y50 Z30 F1500
N04 B90
N05 B0
N06 B-90
N07 B0
N08 M30

I can see it takes value from tool table and puts it in W axis (negates it) but machine it still rotates around distance from pivot length, so without added tool length value.
Should be there something added in .hal, related to W axis?

Tried to run same code also in 5axis simulation config included in emc2 and it happens the same thing ... something wrong with g-code?
Last edit: 30 Jan 2012 21:38 by tommy.

More
17 Dec 2013 14:30 #41682 by tiffany
Replied by tiffany on topic Re:Setting up 5axiskins
hello

I try to compile .c file by sudo comp -install gantry.c

I meet the same error with yours, can you tell me the details about how to solve the problem?

eveytime I have to restart in order to modify HAL

THANK you!

More
17 Dec 2013 18:36 #41689 by andypugh

I try to compile .c file by sudo comp -install gantry.c
I meet the same error with yours, can you tell me the details about how to solve the problem?

You are replying to a very old message (2 years ago, nearly).
I don't know if Tommy ever solved the problem.

I am not sure why you needed to comp --install 5axis kins, it looks to be included in the current version of LinuxcCNC.
The kinematics uses pos.w, so if there is a tool-length offset in the W column, it should use it.
Note that there are no tool length offsets used unless you issue a G43 command.

eveytime I have to restart in order to modify HAL

I think you will need to restart to change the kinematics module, but you can actually alter HAL setup live and online.
In the Axis UI you can use HAL commands in the entry box at the bottom of the machine->show hal config dialog box, but it is probably more convenient to open a terminal window and type "halcmd -kf". That connects into the running HAL configuration and you can change things. The commands include the normal ones from HAL file, but also unlinkp, unload, delsig and more that allow you to alter the HAL configuration. Note that these changes will not be saved to the HAL file, they are only active in the current session.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/halcmd.1.html

More
17 Dec 2013 19:35 #41690 by tiffany
Replied by tiffany on topic Re:Setting up 5axiskins
OK~~~
thank you
I tried to learn compile 5axiskins.c in order to learn the compile ways ,
So that I can write a new .comp for my own machine

I have solved it, the reason is code in my .c file, I missed some section while I tried to modify some code in .c file.

smile~~~

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds