Passing a speed value to an interface card

More
23 Apr 2012 18:19 #19468 by andypugh
btvpimill wrote:

Well this was working really well, right up untill I figured out M66 doesn't seem to work in sub's for <2.5 version.

I don't think it actually works at all in <2.5 version.

Why not upgrade? There are no downsides, and you don't need to install a different version of Ubuntu.
You can do it through the Ubuntu update manager, though it is slightly complicated by the change in name from EMC2 to LinuxCNC.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpdatingTo2.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2012 18:28 #19469 by btvpimill
Well upgrading is prolly the best method, and rest assured I will soonBut I suppose it would be best if I would quit being lazy and figure out how to use thw PWN/PDM function from LinuxCNC. Then I get all the bells and whistles like spindle overide. My issue was not wanting to monitor the PWM close enough to get an accurate reading. But If I can slow the frequency down to a slow enough (mind you I don't even know what it is or how to set it at this point) then I don't have to worry so much about accuracy.

As for updating, it is always painful for me as I NEVER have internet access fro my machines. Of course that may be faster then trying to learn the PWM generator at this point

More
23 Apr 2012 19:10 #19470 by Rick G
2.4 to 2.5 may be a little more painful than usual.
There may be a few pointers here ...
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/compo...iew&catid=9&id=19139

I have in the past pulled the hard disk from the machine and installed it in another computer that had access.

Rick G

More
23 Apr 2012 23:45 #19474 by btvpimill
Well currently I have it all working using PWM out. I need to adjust a few things cuz it starts at S450 and top speed is S1000, but that is just a numbers thing. the motor is going through its full speed range.

Thanks all, and I do still plan to upgrade to 2.5

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds