Location... location... location...

More
11 Apr 2012 11:39 #19127 by BigJohnT
For a stepper machine one of the top two diagrams found here will apply. Seems that the stepconf wizard terminology was done to try and make it clear but not concise I'm afraid. However the chapter explaining the stepconf wizard seems to be quite clear what each entry is for.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2012 23:37 #19132 by alexr
thanks for pointing that out bigjohn!!! :-D

I understand there is alot of cross over in manuals and the wiki. Consistancy throughout is difficult to maintain, especially considering that alot of people contribute to this project.

I am finding alot of what is going wrong is basic settings and not understanding where they relate.

So far i have managed to get both home / limit switches working and correctly adjusted and measured.

X and Y settings are correct. Z still heads the wrong direction but i will fix that when i get another limit switch and not just relying on a min limit.

I am currently reading up in the user manual "how to place workpiece/s home/s".

but i still have the original problem that EMC2 displays completely backwards to my machine and as you know from my previous posts that inverting via stepconfig out of bounds my red soft limit box.

physicaly my machine X0 Y0 is front right corner (i want that the other way around)
Axis displays my machine as X++ Y++ as the back left corner (like how i want it)

I still have half a dosen settings i can play with yet; so if i find a working combination would you guys like a small tutorial done up or something???

More
12 Apr 2012 00:08 - 12 Apr 2012 00:09 #19133 by BigJohnT
alexr wrote:

but i still have the original problem that EMC2 displays completely backwards to my machine and as you know from my previous posts that inverting via stepconfig out of bounds my red soft limit box.

physically my machine X0 Y0 is front right corner (i want that the other way around)
Axis displays my machine as X++ Y++ as the back left corner (like how i want it)

I still have half a dozen settings i can play with yet; so if i find a working combination would you guys like a small tutorial done up or something???

Ok, lets just take one thing the machine origin of X which you say is the right side and you want it on the left side. If you have a limit switch on the left side and want to home to it instead of the right side just invert the home seek velocity number to home the other way. Otherwise set your home offset to make the left side X0 and everything then will be on the positive side of X. Once you get the gist of it the rest of the axes will be a piece of pie...

John
Last edit: 12 Apr 2012 00:09 by BigJohnT.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds