Move scara axis in Manual instead of joints

More
18 Jun 2012 02:18 #21050 by grandixximo
I'm looking into how the robots are implemented in EMC2.

I would like to be able to move axis in manual instead of joints, is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2012 09:11 - 18 Jun 2012 09:11 #21052 by andypugh
grandixximo wrote:

I would like to be able to move axis in manual instead of joints, is it possible?

It certainly ought to be possible to jog in both joint-mode and world-mode (if that is the question you are asking)

You should be able to try it out with the scara sample config (which is a sample configuration so will work without having a robot attached)

You toggle between World and Joint mode with the $ key.
Last edit: 18 Jun 2012 09:11 by andypugh.

More
19 Jun 2012 06:13 - 19 Jun 2012 06:50 #21083 by grandixximo
Yes that is exactly what i was asking, thank you :)

i have another question, if i make the scara bigger, when i play a g-code i will almost always have to confirm a message that tells me that i'm out of limit.

is there a way to disable limits?

For angular axis if my joint 1 can move from -100 to 100 degrees it does not mean that my X axis it can only move from -100 to +100, but the limits are set like that, i can see it in the axis graphic area.

is there a solution to this?
Last edit: 19 Jun 2012 06:50 by grandixximo.

More
19 Jun 2012 09:24 #21086 by andypugh
grandixximo wrote:

is there a way to disable limits?

No, but you should be able to edit the INI file to suit the machine limits.
(I am not entirely sure that this works properly in non-trivial kinematics, it is possible that the axis limits define a workspace envelope not actuator limits. There is a significant confusion in the current version of LinuxCNC between "joints" (ie actuators) and "axes" (ie XYZ in space). This is a consequence of the way that robots were added as a modification to the original conventional machine-tool control.

There is a separate branch which is attempting to fix this problem, called the joints-axes3 branch, and I think that some people are actually using this.
You can check-out and compile this branch if you need it. The fixes will eventually (probably years) be merged into the main LinuxCNC.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds