automatic tool change

More
17 Nov 2012 05:53 #26687 by viski
automatic tool change was created by viski
Does anyone has got an example for plc ladder and pins linked for automatic tool change?
I have got cnc lathe machine PITTLER NFL 1600 , it has automatic tool change with 16 tools , each tool has got contact, tool up position, tool down position, ac motor to turn left or right. It is pneumatic.

So how to start procedure for tool change? how the software will know when requested tool is in the position?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2012 08:13 #26693 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic automatic tool change

So how to start procedure for tool change? how the software will know when requested tool is in the position?

This is a big subject, and there are nearly as many answers as there are toolchangers.
You don't even have to use Ladder/plc. Some toolchangers are controlled by HAL components written in "comp"
(example: wiki.linuxcnc.org/uploads/enshu.comp )

The basic sequence is that on the T command LinuxCNC sets the iocontrol.0.tool-prepare (bit) HAL pin, with the requested slot in iocontrol.0.tool-prep-pocket and the requested tool in iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number
Then on M6 the iocontrol.0.tool-change bit is set. The toolchanger can then do its stuff, setting iocontrol.0.tool-changed to indicate completion.

If your tool-change is describable by G-code commands then you can also do it by remapping M6 to a G-code subroutine, but I suspect that your system is not that simple.

Note that LinuxCNC requires a T, M6 and G43 to perform a full tool change. There are ways to make it all happen on T, but if you can live with the three-command sequence (I do) it makes things simpler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds