speeds for two spindles

More
27 Apr 2013 18:21 #33273 by btvpimill
I need to have seperate control over what I think of as 2 spindles. It really is 1 spindle and a hot wire. Until now the wire temperature was not programmable, so we have been using M8 to turn the wire on and off.

But now it is programmable, so I am looking for a way to get a "speed" from Gcode.
I want to have 0-100% for the wire and 5,000-20,000 for the spindle. I was planning to just use the S word and either M8 or M3 after it to turn on whichever. If this is my only choice, I will live with it, but I am hoping I can have a seperate setting for each. And maybe use a digital out or something to turn the wire on/off.

to help visualize what is happening here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2013 20:09 #33276 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic speeds for two spindles
Have you looked at using the digital or analog outputs?

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/m-code.html#sec:M62-M65

John

More
27 Apr 2013 20:26 #33279 by btvpimill
Replied by btvpimill on topic speeds for two spindles
Good Morning John, so if I understand correctly, I could use M68 and let P be a channel (which would be linked to a HAL pin) and Q be the value (also linked to a HAL pin of type float)? Do I have this correct?

It also dawned on me while reading the docs you linked, currently we have Mcode tool changes which move the machine to a pre-defined G53 position, then un link and link the gantry drives so in mill mode it acts as a regular XYZA machine, then when hot wire tool is chosen, the machine moves back to that same position and re connects to the appropiate drives. I suppose I could add in there the spindle stuff so then the spindle overide will also work?

Have to think on these ideas a bit more. Thanks for the re-direct JT.

Any other suggestions please speak up :)

More
27 Apr 2013 20:33 #33280 by btvpimill
Replied by btvpimill on topic speeds for two spindles
last time I tried to use the dig in/out/wait they did not work, but I think that was 2.4.x

Can anyone confirm they are now working in 2.5.x?

Also, if I want to use the M6 re-mapping, do I still need to use a different (like development or something) version?

More
27 Apr 2013 21:29 #33284 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic speeds for two spindles
They have worked since 2.3 IIRC.

John

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds