Configuring and controlling a Sunfar C300 VFD.

More
13 Dec 2013 02:37 #41559 by tubbiolo
Hi Everyone:

I purchased a Novakon NM-200 mill. The spindle is powered by a Sunfar C300 VFD. The previous owner kept the Mach 3 package that controlled it, and as far as I'm concerned, they can keep it. I want my LinuxCNC. But I would like to put the RPM's under linuxcnc control. I keep re-reading the manual and I keep thinking I understand how to set this thing (C300) to control motor RPM via external commands, such as a pulse train from LinuxCNC. I'm missing something. I wonder if someone has done this and if they can provide me with the configuration parameters for their system, and what mode they had to put their C300 into.

Thanks
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2013 06:35 #41571 by andypugh

The spindle is powered by a Sunfar C300 VFD.

Can you save us some effort and give a link to the manual?

More
13 Dec 2013 17:00 #41576 by cncbasher
as this VFD can be controlled via 0 -10v analog as well as rs485 serial , it may depend on how it is connected at this present time, do you know if it is connected to your breakout board to the parrel port
or is it connected to RS232 serial .

so any details as to the current connections will help , it may be infact that no changes need to be made .

Andy heres the manual
sion.rs/download/sunfar/C300%20manual.pdf

More
17 Dec 2013 05:38 #41657 by tubbiolo
Sorry, been a while for a few days. Let me beep that out and see what there is to see.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds