joint0 following error fault

More
02 Jan 2014 10:57 #42274 by southbayguy
Right now I can afford only one motor and drive so I am only trying to get the X axis (joint 0) going.
Gotta say this Linux CNC software is pretty darn good; it has just about worked out of the box.
I have a 31 oz-in Pittman servo motor running off an Advanced Motion Controls AZ12 drive being commanded by a */- 10V current command signal.
The system is stable, jogs at speed, holds position when stopped.
Here's my issue:

When I turn the shaft of the X motor while it is holding position, it fights me (which it should do) trying to stay where it is commanded to be.
If I muscle up on it a bit, get it .002 off position, it faults out with a joint 0 following error.

The .ini file for joint 0 has FERROR set to .020 ... so I don't see why it's faulting out at .002.
For fun, I edited the .ini file for joint 0 and set FERROR to 1.00, and re-started the application. Made no difference.

I'm thinking the software ignores the .ini file and gets a max following error parameter someplace else.
Does anyone have any guidance for me?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2014 12:06 #42275 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic joint0 following error fault
There are two following error settings:

FERROR and MIN_FERROR

The actual limit value chosen is proportional to
the current velocity with MIN_FERROR used at 0 velocity
and FERROR used at the maximum velocity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southbayguy

More
02 Jan 2014 21:24 #42282 by southbayguy
Okay ... so since my X motor is at zero velocity then the min following error parameter is used.
Thanks. Gotta go test.

More
03 Jan 2014 12:48 #42307 by southbayguy
It works. Setting min following error = max following error = .020, I can crank on the motor shaft all I want (get to about .006 error) and no alarm. Thank you.

More
03 Jan 2014 20:05 #42318 by andypugh

It works. Setting min following error = max following error = .020, I can crank on the motor shaft all I want (get to about .006 error) and no alarm

The next step is to put in the correct values...

You typically do want max to be more than min, one sets the limit during rapids, and one during machining, and you have different levels of concern in each mode.

More
10 Jun 2016 08:42 #75749 by chuchengbing
i have the same question with joint 0 following error, i don't think setting min_ferror = ferror is the answers to this question, the following error occurs when i want to set the value near approaching to zero. i check the pins of f-error,f-errored,pos-cmd,pos-cmd, i find it doesn't excel the f-error-lim. Do you have any answers? Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds