Tool change position inputs via glade

More
03 Jan 2014 05:16 #42302 by microsprintbuilder
Anyone have any idea how to be able to type in where you want to have tool change take place. I know its able to be done in the in file but sometime you have a long tool in the turret or the part is long and you need to have the turret tools not hit. I was thinking a box in the glade section of axis you could type in the machine x and z position you want it to happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2014 15:30 #42309 by ArcEye
Hi

I was thinking a box in the glade section of axis you could type in the machine x and z position you want it to happen.

There is no 'glade section of axis' so you would have to explain your setup to know what that means

As you say it can be done in the ini file
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/config/..._sub_emcio_section_a

If you want to only do it for particular tools that could be programmed via a lookup table, but would depend how you currently change tools.

For instance the iocontrol.0.tool-change and iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number pins could be connected via an intermediary component which looks at which tool is requested
and moves accordingly before passing on the data to the toolchanger.

regards

More
03 Jan 2014 17:27 - 03 Jan 2014 17:30 #42312 by cmorley
I assume you are using a lathe.

On the Okuma I used, the tool changed in any place.
It has twin turrets, one on either side of center, so there was no universal safe spot.
You were responsible for programming it to clear spot before changing the tool.

This would need to be added to linuxcnc as a switch in the INI

I'm sure by 'glade spot' he means the embedded VCP area (whether pyVCP or gladeVCP)

Chris M
Last edit: 03 Jan 2014 17:30 by cmorley.

More
03 Jan 2014 23:18 #42326 by microsprintbuilder
As Chris said I meant embedded GladeVCP area. I put a button with a G30.1 command and added
TOOL_CHANGE_AT_G30 = 1 in the EMCIO section of the in file. It works great. I only have one turret so I don't have the issues Chris has. Now depending on the part or tools I can adjust the tool change position with the press of a button. Thanks!

More
04 Jan 2014 09:50 #42337 by cmorley
Nice I forgot about that...

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds