robot3kins

More
29 Jan 2014 18:13 #43292 by rudydp
robot3kins was created by rudydp
In a series of workshops on Linuxcnc for the SA-CNC-CLUB, I have dealt with a simple 3-axis robot and wrote some notes about the theory for kinematics and the implementation in Linuxcnc. The attached document includes also the robot3kins component as well as a Vismach model.

There is a bit of innovation to extend the robot to usage in "tool mode". It is still experimental. The document describes this as well.

It is not a very useful or practical robot example - it is intended to lead the club members into robot capabilities with Linuxcnc and the maths involved, which is a problem area for most members.

There will be a follow-up document describing the same processes, but for a general 6-axis serial arm robot such as the ABB, KUKA or MOTOMAN robots.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigJohnT, cncbasher, duesentrieb66, mechanix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2014 20:31 #43579 by rudydp
Replied by rudydp on topic robot3kins
As mentioned before, here is a follow up document which deals with a general 6 DOF serial arm robot, the kinematics theory, the implementation in Linuxcnc and a Vismach model of a Motoman robot.

The new feature of "tool" mode operation is also included.

I hope this contribution will be of help to people interested in controlling robots. Critical comments will be welcomed.

Rudy
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: duesentrieb66, Cpk_Rbt

More
05 Feb 2014 21:55 #43585 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic robot3kins
Thanks Rudy, outstanding work as per usual. Very informative.
You must have sensed that I was coming to see you about kins soon :)

We have almost finished our CAM module that will be used to program work for 5 Axis head. The kinematics is a bit out of our reach so your work is really welcomed.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
10 Feb 2014 23:57 #43709 by propcoder
Replied by propcoder on topic robot3kins

As mentioned before, here is a follow up document which deals with a general 6 DOF serial arm robot, the kinematics theory, the implementation in Linuxcnc and a Vismach model of a Motoman robot.

The new feature of "tool" mode operation is also included.

I hope this contribution will be of help to people interested in controlling robots. Critical comments will be welcomed.

Rudy

This is great, Rudy! I would like to test it on my recently retrofitted 6-axis robot. Could you please attach or send me .c and .h source files?

Regards,
Marius Alksnys

More
12 Feb 2014 13:53 #43795 by rudydp
Here attached is a tar file of the whole config directory for my Motoman robot. It also includes a few test gcode files.

As said before its is still experimental and there may still be some glitches with the wrist joint 4. I will be working on that as soon as my robot is up and running.

Rudy

More
12 Feb 2014 13:58 #43796 by rudydp
My previous post did not attach the tar file - probably to big. So I removed all the stl files for the Vismach model.

Rudy
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: duesentrieb66, nkp

More
13 Feb 2014 03:35 #43810 by duesentrieb66
Replied by duesentrieb66 on topic robot3kins
Thank you very much, Rudy!

I am tempt to bring you a six pack to South Africa since I freeze my a.. off in Canada at -29 degrees. lol

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds