move Z up and down for Carousel Tool changer

More
24 Aug 2014 20:36 #50219 by microsprintbuilder
I'm retrofitting a Milltronics Partner 1. It has a 12 pos carousel tool changer that spins via electric motor with Geneva mechanism and moves in and out to the spindle via air cylinders. the spindle has a orient pin and sensor to tell you when locked. the tool changer has the following sensors , pocket index, pocket home, atc arm out, atc arm in. I started to do this in classic ladder but found that i cannot implement " M03 s50, M05, G53 Z0., and G53 Z-3.85 ". I've looked at the ideas about how to work around this and I'm overwhelmed with options. I need to add a tool load and unload Z position as well as be able to turn the spindle on @50 rpm and turn it off when the orient pin is engage. I'm looking at remapping M6 but it's clear as mud so I'm looking for some help in doing this the simplest way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2014 11:20 #50254 by sspeed33317
This seems to be the holy grail.

Some have done it with Gcode subroutines, some have written components and remapped gcodes.

here is the latest attempt and seems to be working

Bridgeport ATC

I have a HAAS that operates the same way. But thinking about redesigning the Carousel to move instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds