BBB + BeBoPr (bridged) laser cutter ?

More
11 Sep 2014 16:19 #51066 by rnunes
Currently I have a 3d printer setup with BeagleBone Black and a BeBoPr + bridge running LinuxCNC with a configuration based on MachineKit and everything works fine. Right now I'm trying to convert it to a lser cutter/engraver/raster.

After a few search I've found jv4779 and bjj LinuxCNC configurations to run their 2x laser (from buildlog.net) and, after analysing it, I've thought that I'll just had to change everything that's parallel port related (loadrt, addf and the signal assignments) to my own IO (in this case, bb_gpio). The problem is that I could't do that and, somehow, I tried to remove everything related to parallel port and the system blocks (no error what so ever).

Also, if I just add "loadrt charge_pump" to my already working 3d printer configuration the same happens (system blocks without any error).

My question is: does anyone have a similar setup running this kind of machine? What path did you follow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2014 18:53 #51072 by andypugh
Technically the BBB isn't supported by LinuxCNC. You might find better answers on the machinekit mailing list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds