Help with Build new Configuration

More
12 Oct 2014 22:25 #51979 by jstoquica
Good Day Everyone,

I am student of Universidade de Brasilia, I am a new linuxcnc user, and I want to ask, if its possible that community help me with my project. I don't find detailed information for generate new configuration for linuxcnc, or relevant information like detailed documentation about vismach models and Vismach Details.

- How can I create a new model, using vismach ????

Thank You a Lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2015 22:24 #61684 by jstoquica
Hi,

For the new Linuxcnc users, the best thing for start with linuxcnc simulation (in my case, robotics manipulators) is:

1. Copy a new folder of any default project (.../configs/puma/). Like Puma or Puma 560 for robotic arms.
2. Copy the python file (vismach simulation) to be edited later. (/usr/bin/*.py)
3. Edit the *.py file with the custom design.
4. Test the simulation with halrun -> loadusr /usr/bin/*.py
5. Edit the name and the DOF hal signals in the python simulation in the *.HAL file /configs/new folder.
6. Copy some kinematics file for your custom machine. Like pumakins.c
7. Edit the kinematics parameters in *.c file.
8. Edit Makefile in the the linuxcnc source for your actually version. (.../usr/Makefile)
8. Then you have to compile the *.c file with the source package. (vim .../build/docs/INSTALL)
9. Run linuxcnc in RIP environment (Run In Place)
10. Test your configuration.

I hope that basics steps help with yours projects. Regards.

More
20 Sep 2015 21:23 #62815 by fery15sty
can you explain to me for the step 8,8,9,10..?? I am very confused.. :(

More
21 Sep 2015 22:16 #62833 by andypugh

Good Day Everyone, How can I create a new model, using vismach ????.

Vismach models are Python scripts, so there is no need to install the source or recompile, you can just add a few files to the configuration folder.

Vismach is documented here:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/vismach.html

It will help to have some familiarity with Python.

If you start LinuxCNC then select a configuration from sim/axis/vismach that willmake a copy of that config in your configs folder, and then you can alter the files to more closely match your actual machine.

More
21 Sep 2015 22:32 #62835 by jstoquica
Hi,

off-course, the idea is that you have to download the source package of the version of linuxcnc that you are using, this is for compiling your configs machines, like kinematics or simulations. For example I am using linuxcnc 2.4.0, then I had to download that version at linuxcnc.org/hardy/dists/lucid/linuxcnc2.5/source/.

After you download the file, you have to unzip the file, and if yo don't have experience with, you have to read the help documentation that it's available in the unzip files. Therefore I am talking about any location like ".../usr/Makefile", (...) meaning the location of the unzip files, while /usr/ or /build/ are folders in the unzip package.

8. Edit Makefile in the the linuxcnc source for your actually version. (.../src/Makefile)

For this step you have to edit (with gedit or vim) the Makefile, adding your kinematics file name into the structure of that file. For example:

- There is a HEADERS locations in the Makefile and for my configuration "irb.h", I added like can you see:
HEADERS := \
    config.h \
    emc/ini/emcIniFile.hh \
    emc/ini/iniaxis.hh \
    emc/ini/initool.hh \
    emc/ini/initraj.hh \
    emc/kinematics/cubic.h \
    emc/kinematics/kinematics.h \
    emc/kinematics/genhexkins.h \
    emc/kinematics/genserkins.h \
    emc/kinematics/pumakins.h \
    emc/kinematics/irb.h \
    emc/kinematics/tc.h \
    emc/kinematics/tp.h \
    emc/motion/emcmotcfg.h \
    emc/motion/emcmotglb.h \
    emc/motion/motion.h \
    emc/motion/usrmotintf.h \
    emc/nml_intf/canon.hh \
    emc/nml_intf/emctool.h \
    emc/nml_intf/emc.hh \
    emc/nml_intf/emc_nml.hh \
    emc/nml_intf/emccfg.h \

You can search for "genserkins" and where exists you add your conf.

9. Then you have to compile the *.c file with the source package. (vim .../build/docs/INSTALL)

For generate the executables files, you have to compile the Makefile after add your config. For that you have to read the documentation in the appropriate location (.../build/docs/INSTALL)

10. Run linuxcnc in RIP environment (Run In Place)

After compiling process, you have to run linuxcnc but in RIP mode. All is in the INSTALL file.

11. Test your configuration.

In the RIP environment you can see the behaviour of your configuration.

Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fery15sty

More
21 Sep 2015 22:34 #62836 by andypugh
You do _not_ need to recompile LinuxCNC to create a new configuration.

More
21 Sep 2015 22:40 - 21 Sep 2015 22:53 #62837 by jstoquica
Hi,

I was referring to new configs with new kinematics, hence I wrote "... simulation (in my case, robotics manipulators)". It is all.

And thanks for the vismach response. Actually, I already did the simulation and later I will publish the results.

Regards.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2015 22:53 by jstoquica.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds