5 axis help

More
01 Dec 2014 03:48 #53550 by irishjam
5 axis help was created by irishjam
Hi all,
I have been playing with linuxcnc for a few weeks now, i am using mach3 at the moment.
I am looking at linux because i want to convert my big router to 5 axis and hopefully encoder feedback.
I have been playing with sim.axis.vismach.5axis similar configuration apart from the B axis my cam software calles this Aaxis.
This is the first thing, how can i change this to a AC head machine, i have tried a few things in the 5axis.ini file, but no joy.
I am new to linux so this is all new to me and i need all the help i can get.
I use Sprut cam brilliant software and an awesome price for full 5 axis check it out.
Also can anyone tell me where you put the length from the pivot point to base of tool holder? and do you put the length from base of tool holder to tool tip in the tool table in the z line?

Thanks all

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2014 17:12 - 02 Dec 2014 03:41 #53570 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic 5 axis help
Hi

This is the first thing, how can i change this to a AC head machine, i have tried a few things in the 5axis.ini file, but no joy.

I presume you mean you want a XYZAC configuration?

In the ini file

[TRAJ]
AXES = 6
COORDINATES = X Y Z A C

Then define settings for
[AXIS_0] [AXIS_1] [AXIS_2] [AXIS_3] [AXIS_5]
but ignore the 5th axis which is not used

Make corresponding changes to the hal file

Having to define 6 axes only to use 5 of them is a bit counter intuitive, but is due to the axis numbers being hard coded, ie axis 4 will always be B.
You can't decide which axis number to assign to a letter, so just have to skip the ones you don't use

Also can anyone tell me where you put the length from the pivot point to base of tool holder? and do you put the length from base of tool holder to tool tip in the tool table in the z line?

You will have to rephrase that one, not clear what you mean.

The tool table holds offsets from the reference tool (normally 1)
These are measured at the cutting edge.

On a mill it is normally the length and diameter that changes, but it can get quite complicated, especially on a lathe

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gcode/t....html#sec:tool-table

regards
Last edit: 02 Dec 2014 03:41 by ArcEye.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds